TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

www.tsa.gov
There are newer employer reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Overall Positive Experience

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - IT Specialist in Arlington, VA

I have been working at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule
Great people to work with
Great location

Cons

Not much room for promotion

More rotational assignments for mid-level employees

237 Other Employee Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (View Most Recent)

Great source outside of the military...

Former Employee - Transportation Security Screener in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Transportation Security Screener in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great within the organization. I have never seen such dedicated personnel. They are there to protect the citizens' of our country while they travel. I personally call them, defenders. I have been exposed to the military and I understand what it means for discipline, focus and structure and the hierarchy that goes with it.

Cons

The workplace area can be claustrophobic where there is high concentrations of passengers in a central location, the conditions make for a very disturbing and stressful day for everyone. Insufficient time and training for study protocol of standard operation procedures. Must stop intimidation tactics and provide easy-going, step-by-step, environmental training. Leadership must provide support when times are needed for study and to understanding processes and ask questions without going through osmosis and diffusion.

Management should remain consistent when executing new procedures and policies. Present enough time-sharing and study-renewal for employee personnel. Communication is key to retaining employees and lowering recidivism, also consider incentives.

Federal Organization with many growing pains

Current Employee - Transportation Security Officer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Transportation Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Federal retirement, Job Security, Opportunities if willing to move around, Serves our Country, Job with meaning, New agency, Unionized

Cons

Poor Training, No Congressional support, Poor Management, Poor applicant filtering

Get a back bone, Get Training, Hold Managers accountable like Officers, Be secure in your position