TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

www.tsa.gov
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Moderate starting pay, salary/ advancement opportunities stagnate for years

Current Employee - Master Transportation Security Officer in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Master Transportation Security Officer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Get your foot in the door to a government job. Stable job, good benefits.

Cons

Irregular work schedules. Pay banding causes salary to stagnate and workers get little to no raise for years. Too much use of part time workers, slow advancement to full time. High turnover, people get stressed out and tired of waiting for better pay, advancement and full time work.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees more fairly. Change the pay system to the GS Pay system that most government agencies use.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Horrible. Save yourself a lot of anguish and look elsewhere. Don't let the pay fool you.

Former Employee - Tso in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Tso in Orlando, FL

I worked at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits is the only good thing about TSA. But YOU will end up paying in the end.

Cons

Irate and disrespectful passengers, micro management, favoritism, lack of integrity, inexperienced leadership, no concern for employees whatsoever, unfair promotions, barely any chance for advancement, and almost no opportunity for a raise or bonus. I worked there over 9 years and the organization only got worse over with time. I was miserable everyday year after year, I'm just so grateful I've finally moved on.

Advice to Management

Care. But they won't.

Largely disappointed

Former Employee - Transportation Security Officer in SeaTac, WA
    Former Employee - Transportation Security Officer in SeaTac, WA

I worked at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I thought this would be a good stepping stone into service with the federal government. I was wrong. The only positive that came out of this job was that I was able to see what I DIDN'T want to do with/for the rest of my life. FYI, I hold a BA in Arabic Language and Middle East Studies and I speak 4 languages other than English. Talk about underemployment.

Cons

LOTS of incompetent, lazy officers making the rest of us look bad Ever-changing "standards" that varied from airport to airport Aside from a select few, management was useless; clearly no concern for family issues

Advice to Management

There's a reason why all of the talented officers continue to leave and the only ones left behind are those who treat passengers like trash. Please learn how to actually take care of your employees and reward the ones who work hard. Some basic communications/leadership/ classes wouldn't hurt for the supervisors on the floor, either.