TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

www.tsa.gov
  www.tsa.gov
There are newer employer reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Moderate starting pay, salary/ advancement opportunities stagnate for years

Current Employee - Master Transportation Security Officer  in  Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Master Transportation Security Officer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Get your foot in the door to a government job.
Stable job, good benefits.

Cons

Irregular work schedules.
Pay banding causes salary to stagnate and workers get little to no raise for years.
Too much use of part time workers, slow advancement to full time.
High turnover, people get stressed out and tired of waiting for better pay, advancement and full time work.

Treat your employees more fairly.
Change the pay system to the GS Pay system that most government agencies use.

185 Other Employee Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (View Most Recent)

Horrible. Save yourself a lot of anguish and look elsewhere. Don't let the pay fool you.

Former Employee - Tso  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Tso in Orlando, FL

I worked at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay and benefits is the only good thing about TSA. But YOU will end up paying in the end.

Cons

Irate and disrespectful passengers, micro management, favoritism, lack of integrity, inexperienced leadership, no concern for employees whatsoever, unfair promotions, barely any chance for advancement, and almost no opportunity for a raise or bonus. I worked there over 9 years and the organization only got worse over with time. I was miserable everyday year after year, I'm just so grateful I've finally moved on.

Care. But they won't.

Largely disappointed

Former Employee - Transportation Security Officer  in  SeaTac, WA
    Former Employee - Transportation Security Officer in SeaTac, WA

I worked at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) part-time for less than a year

Pros

I thought this would be a good stepping stone into service with the federal government. I was wrong. The only positive that came out of this job was that I was able to see what I DIDN'T want to do with/for the rest of my life. FYI, I hold a BA in Arabic Language and Middle East Studies and I speak 4 languages other than English. Talk about underemployment.

Cons

LOTS of incompetent, lazy officers making the rest of us look bad
    Ever-changing "standards" that varied from airport to airport
    Aside from a select few, management was useless; clearly no concern for family issues

There's a reason why all of the talented officers continue to leave and the only ones left behind are those who treat passengers like trash. Please learn how to actually take care of your employees and reward the ones who work hard. Some basic communications/leadership/ classes wouldn't hurt for the supervisors on the floor, either.

Worked for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)? Contribute to the Community!