TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

www.tsa.gov
  www.tsa.gov
There are newer employer reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Horrible. Save yourself a lot of anguish and look elsewhere. Don't let the pay fool you.

Former Employee - Tso in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Tso in Orlando, FL

I worked at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits is the only good thing about TSA. But YOU will end up paying in the end.

Cons

Irate and disrespectful passengers, micro management, favoritism, lack of integrity, inexperienced leadership, no concern for employees whatsoever, unfair promotions, barely any chance for advancement, and almost no opportunity for a raise or bonus. I worked there over 9 years and the organization only got worse over with time. I was miserable everyday year after year, I'm just so grateful I've finally moved on.

Care. But they won't.

222 Other Employee Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (View Most Recent)

Largely disappointed

Former Employee - Transportation Security Officer in SeaTac, WA
    Former Employee - Transportation Security Officer in SeaTac, WA

I worked at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I thought this would be a good stepping stone into service with the federal government. I was wrong. The only positive that came out of this job was that I was able to see what I DIDN'T want to do with/for the rest of my life. FYI, I hold a BA in Arabic Language and Middle East Studies and I speak 4 languages other than English. Talk about underemployment.

Cons

LOTS of incompetent, lazy officers making the rest of us look bad
    Ever-changing "standards" that varied from airport to airport
    Aside from a select few, management was useless; clearly no concern for family issues

There's a reason why all of the talented officers continue to leave and the only ones left behind are those who treat passengers like trash. Please learn how to actually take care of your employees and reward the ones who work hard. Some basic communications/leadership/ classes wouldn't hurt for the supervisors on the floor, either.

chaotic, changing, but unneccessarily,

Current Employee - Lead Transportation Security Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Lead Transportation Security Officer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

needed security for traveling public.. a lot of good people you work with along the way.

Cons

too many, nepotism, favoritism, cronyism, etc.. Not really transparent towards their employees. unqualified people in positions of leadership, administration, and many other important positions have people who got jobs not on true ability. they knew somebody, had a relationship with somebody. Or were just primarily friends with someone who could get them to a better position.

solve above mentioned!!!