In general it was a pretty nice place to work, with relatively good benefits.

Former Employee - Lead Programmer Analyst  in  Columbus, GA
Former Employee - Lead Programmer Analyst in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS

Pros

They have Profit Sharing and a Money Market account that is donated to at the beginning of the year, as a percentage of your annual salary, if the profits were good for the previous year. Annual raises were OK, as long as your performance was good for the previous year.

Cons

The company has too much bureaucracy in the management. Most of the management is very conservative, with a real lack of any sense of humor, partially due to the mindset in Columbus, GA. So, if you are a more liberally minded person, it will not be the most comfortable place to work. You have to be careful not to let others know you are not conservative, as there can be negative impacts on your career, and possible termination.

People tend to be rather cliquish, and exclude those who do not fit into the in crowd (especially if you are in the LGBT community). So, due to this, the environment can be very stifling, and this can lead to less productivity.

Practice what you preach about diversity, and be less judgmental of others. You are only making your more diverse workforce feel stifled and constricted.

Other Reviews for TSYS

It sucked big time!! You are forewarned!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at TSYS

Pros

- Good location - In Alpharetta
    - Some capable folks who are wound up due to pressure
    - Chaotic Agile for all people who enjoy chaos all the time.

Cons

I would like to warn all folks who want to join this cluster company where it feels like you are working in a sweat shop filled with egoistical leads who always are looking to backstab each other.

Don't be fooled when they talk of Agile. Agile methodology used here is a joke here as:
    - The fundamental principle here is to ensure your developers work as slaves to the organization and there is no respect to any principles of estimation from the developers or anyone.
    - The basic principle of trust is not present here between individuals. Negativity reigns. You want to win here, learn to backstab and you will be successull.
    - Upper Management and Sales/Marketing support missing so without your customer support you will always fail.

Very chaotic environment where each person does not know what the other does. You like chaos or you have a sadomaschositic streak so can you always work on weekends or keep on fighting with others because of bad planning and management, this is the place. Enjoy.

Growup and take a leadership class so you can run a professional IT organization. Stop being a low end developer.
    Get out of your "crab in a crab pit" mentality - applies to all the leads in this organization.
    Go check other successful organizations working in Agile.. It comes all the way from the top and is not just an IT mantra. The entire organization works hand in hand to achieve the goals of the sprints which directly or indirectly map to organization goals.
    Develop trust and mutual respect among all employees. By playing favorites you do not win..

TSYS is a decent place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Client Server Software Analyst  in  Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Client Server Software Analyst in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS

Pros

For the most part, TSYS employees are intelligent and hard working. I have a great relationship with my manager and my co-workers, and am supported in trying to advance in my career path.

Cons

There is a serious lack of recognition for a job well done in my department. I don't know that it is like this in all areas of the company, but it seems like no one in my department gets recognized for the great things that are done on a regular basis. I would also say that the compensation is below average for almost any position within the company regardless of the market.

I think that the company leadership should find ways to better solicit feedback from all employees of the company with regard to new initiatives and the direction of the company rather than relying upon senior managers who may say only what is necessary to further their own interests or tow the company line. I have heard many employees, both long tenured and short tenured, express dissatisfaction with many initiatives being put in place by senior leaders which only seem to make day to day activities more difficult, and slow response times to our clients.

There are newer employer reviews for TSYS.

Worked for TSYS? Contribute to the Community!