TSYS

www.tsys.com
  www.tsys.com
There are newer employer reviews for TSYS

Well paid and staff-friendly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)

I have been working at TSYS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I started three months ago and already feel as though this is a company I could stay with for the long term. They really look after their staff (they call them team members) and pay very well (no yearly bonuses, but the basic salaries are great) and they seem to promote people very quickly (they call them 'at desk' promotions). The company also seems really solid and has some robust relationships with big-name clients.

Cons

Downside is that with it being an American company, you do have to get used to that culture - a lot of congratulatory emails, pats on the back etc which gets a bit tiresome, but at least it's nice if you get one yourself. Also, the pace is pretty slow, so if you're used to a regulated financial services firm, it can be a shock to the system.

If I could give one tip to management, I'd say you've got to spend more time working on the American/rest of the world communications. Very often I've sent emails to American colleagues and have never had a reply and at best, I think that's rude, at worst, it's disruptive to business.

186 Other Employee Reviews for TSYS (View Most Recent)

Great learning opportunity wasted due to poor planning and leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I worked at TSYS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1) One of the best technology platform and great architecture and design.
    2) Great scope to learn technically.
    3) Great working facilities .
    4) Decent pay and above industry hikes.

Cons

1) Poor knowledge transmission due to lack of will to give authority to Indian Developers.
    2) Poor cafeteria .
    3) Very irritating HR and finance department .
    4) No motivation for improving technically or domain wise from leads or management, you have to be self motivated and work hard.
    5) Indian development center is just there to support the US centres , need to get more quality projects for Indian employees.

Management should gauge an employees capability with his learning abilities and provide them with more challenging work rather than spending there time in keeping a track of hours spent in office .

Challenging, Exciting and less Rewarding

Current Employee - Client Services Analyst Senior in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good environment, Excellent place to learn, Never gets boring and financially stable. Layoffs are rare and compare to market its a stable place to work.

Cons

Compensation below market, almost no bonuses. Management lacks in certain areas and most importantly they are too much involved in micro management.

Work on your retention and compensation strategies.

There are newer employer reviews for TSYS