There are newer employer reviews for TSYS

Good bye benefits and wealth building

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I-185 took me to Atlanta, where I am making $41K more a year and have work life balance. Left on good terms and have been called and offered my job back 4 times since I left - but for only a 6% increase.

Cons

Work with the company for over 15 years and moved up the ranks pretty fast moving between TSYS, Synovus and CB&T. After the split from Synovus, TSYS went down hill fast. HR took our profit sharing, dropped our 401K and Stock Purchase to next to nothing. Went almost three years without a merit increase company wide, all the while making good profits. Could not get reimbursed for educational assistance in a reasonable amount of time. 60 hour work weeks are the norm, sales forces does not know the systems and they constantly over sale the system and we have to explain the details to the clients, then the client calls senior leaders and we have to find a way to make it work, and this is every day. Pay, work conditions and leaders expectations are not in touch with the company.

Establish the prior culture and rework pay and benefits or you will not be able to draw the skilled employees to do world class work that you demand.

167 Other Employee Reviews for TSYS (View Most Recent)

TSYS is a decent place to work, but there is no clear path for development and career progression.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly work environment and a can do culture.

Cons

Career development and promotion are not tied together. Management doesn't assess competences of individuals, so there is a low perception of fairness in promotion eligibility and merit decisions. Management is full of doers instead of delegators. Managers are not good at trusting and developing their talent. No tools for identifying talent gaps among the work force.

Create a performance review process that identifies competences and skill gaps and ties performance to promotion/merit eligibility.

My employment was one long nightmare!

I worked at TSYS full-time

Pros

Met some very friendly people there that I still keep in touch with today. It is my ultimate goal to help the ones that still work there get out ASAP.

Cons

Oh, where to begin... I read over the other reviews and just chuckle. And sadly agree.

I thought for so long that it could have been just me. First, the favoritism is so blatant, I'm surprised there aren't name tags to identify them. But why be the favorite, when that just means you will have to work 80+ hour weeks?

What was ultimately so sad to me is that my personal life was so impacted during my time here. I feel like I lost a few years of happiness. Two primary reasons for this: 1.) I was constantly watched. Reports showing when I came in and out of the building were captured. I felt guilty for my vacation time ("you are going to take a whole week off?!?! was the response"), and was asked "what kind of symptoms I had" if I called in sick. 2.) Every new idea I brought to the table was immediately squashed. I tried to present my ideas in multiple different ways. The method wasn't the issue. It was that heaven forbid I was trying to change something, to improve upon something. It made me so sad.

I talk with ex-TSYS employees now and we all chuckle and wonder what we were thinking working there. One friend compared it to "getting out of jail". Please please please - don't ever work at TSYS. It's not good for your health.

There is significant turnover in a certain department, reporting to a certain male manager. Hmmmm... wonder why that is. He must have uncovered some revenue generating secret and was therefore promised eternal tenure. Because I can't see how his actions and hostile environment-facilitation could be accepted.

There are newer employer reviews for TSYS