Nice Experience

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst  in  Columbus, GA
Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good upper management and plenty of opportunity to advance. I was able to more than double my salary in 5 years.

Cons

Pay was a bit on the low side. More office politics than I would like. Lower management in my department was not very good and we went through three managers in 5 years.

I was able to talk to upper management directly. He was very accessible and when I made my case for my career goals he made it happen on the spot. I couldn't ask for more.

Other Reviews for TSYS

Programmer Analyst

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst  in  Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fairly stable company. Pay and benefits are satisfactory at best. Commuting to and from work is good in the Columbus area unless a person lives to the northwest. Can be a very long term employee if you keep your aptitude level at no more or less than an average level and don't rock the boat.

Cons

Have gone off the deep end with efficiency. That means the best people are badly overworked and leave the company. Turnover is above 20% per year. Many leave due to health problems due to the toxic environment (micromanagement, back-stabbing, and poor decision making of middle management). Egos out of control at the director level and above. Cronyism is a huge problem. Management is old school in the wrong ways. Too much emphasis on seniority and not enough on competence. North Data Center and East Data Center employees don't get the benefits that the downtown employees get.

Need some new blood at the upper management level. Need a great deal of new blood at the director levels and above. Less emphasis on years of service, and more emphasis on skills needed for the job needed. Pay more attention to the employee survey.

From Inspiration To Desperation

I have been working at TSYS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

TSYS offers job stability if you are reasonably competent in your job and content with extreme forms of micromanagement, bureaucracy and downright abusive supervisor.

Cons

For every hour of work an average of two to three hours will be needed in dealing with bureaucracy, micro manager and abusive supervisor. I have been with TSYS for over a decade and it has gotten progressively worse despite the call of senior management to cut the red tapes repeatedly. I must conclude that there is a disconnect between the calls of sr. management and mid-level managers / supervisors.

Take more drastic actions based on feedback of annual employee survey. For example move your incompetent mid-level managers / supervisors out of the leadership role and put them to work as foot soldiers.

There are newer employer reviews for TSYS.

Worked for TSYS? Contribute to the Community!