There are newer employer reviews for TSYS

Solid company that has been around a long time.

I have been working at TSYS

Pros

Large company. Really good pay. Insurance benefits are really good as well with relatively low medical premiums and deductibles. Casual attire everyday.

Cons

I wish they had a telecommute option. So far they are only looking at a one day a week telecommute option. I'm only getting started so I don't have much input.

TSYS Response

May 1, 2014HR

TSYS just finished our first pilot on flexible work arrangements. The pilot was very successful and we are planning on rolling out the program corporate-wide this year. The program includes several ... More

168 Other Employee Reviews for TSYS (View Most Recent)

Nice Experience

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good upper management and plenty of opportunity to advance. I was able to more than double my salary in 5 years.

Cons

Pay was a bit on the low side. More office politics than I would like. Lower management in my department was not very good and we went through three managers in 5 years.

I was able to talk to upper management directly. He was very accessible and when I made my case for my career goals he made it happen on the spot. I couldn't ask for more.

Unfortunately, very disappointing.

I have been working at TSYS

Pros

It is a great company to begin your career with. Great exposure to the financial sector/IT work, as well as a good company to put on your resume.

Cons

I started out with great hopes and aspirations for beginning my career at a respectable company. Coming to TSYS, I had not had any previous IT experience or real work experience (excluding internships). As my time at TSYS progressed, it became quite evident that this is a 'good ole boy' company, stilling operating in a 1980s mindset. Pay is notoriously horrible and management can be very unprofessional. I've found no great level of satisfaction or accomplishment in any of my projects/initiatives; and the bureaucracy in every aspect of my day-to-day activities is exhausting. Trained animals can perform the work that is required here. I dread going to work. Columbus is an embarrassingly backwards, dangerous town; but with such little pay it's hard to move elsewhere. Additionally, people on the business side of things are really quite dumb for the most part. Favoritism is blatantly acted out and rewarded. I would not recommend this place for people not from Columbus.

Mid-manager and senior managers need to make firm decisions. No should mean no, and yes should mean yes.

There are newer employer reviews for TSYS