TSYS

www.tsys.com
  www.tsys.com
There are newer employer reviews for TSYS

Unfortunately, very disappointing.

I have been working at TSYS

Pros

It is a great company to begin your career with. Great exposure to the financial sector/IT work, as well as a good company to put on your resume.

Cons

I started out with great hopes and aspirations for beginning my career at a respectable company. Coming to TSYS, I had not had any previous IT experience or real work experience (excluding internships). As my time at TSYS progressed, it became quite evident that this is a 'good ole boy' company, stilling operating in a 1980s mindset. Pay is notoriously horrible and management can be very unprofessional. I've found no great level of satisfaction or accomplishment in any of my projects/initiatives; and the bureaucracy in every aspect of my day-to-day activities is exhausting. Trained animals can perform the work that is required here. I dread going to work. Columbus is an embarrassingly backwards, dangerous town; but with such little pay it's hard to move elsewhere. Additionally, people on the business side of things are really quite dumb for the most part. Favoritism is blatantly acted out and rewarded. I would not recommend this place for people not from Columbus.

Mid-manager and senior managers need to make firm decisions. No should mean no, and yes should mean yes.

186 Other Employee Reviews for TSYS (View Most Recent)

Nice Experience

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good upper management and plenty of opportunity to advance. I was able to more than double my salary in 5 years.

Cons

Pay was a bit on the low side. More office politics than I would like. Lower management in my department was not very good and we went through three managers in 5 years.

I was able to talk to upper management directly. He was very accessible and when I made my case for my career goals he made it happen on the spot. I couldn't ask for more.

Programmer Analyst

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fairly stable company. Pay and benefits are satisfactory at best. Commuting to and from work is good in the Columbus area unless a person lives to the northwest. Can be a very long term employee if you keep your aptitude level at no more or less than an average level and don't rock the boat.

Cons

Have gone off the deep end with efficiency. That means the best people are badly overworked and leave the company. Turnover is above 20% per year. Many leave due to health problems due to the toxic environment (micromanagement, back-stabbing, and poor decision making of middle management). Egos out of control at the director level and above. Cronyism is a huge problem. Management is old school in the wrong ways. Too much emphasis on seniority and not enough on competence. North Data Center and East Data Center employees don't get the benefits that the downtown employees get.

Need some new blood at the upper management level. Need a great deal of new blood at the director levels and above. Less emphasis on years of service, and more emphasis on skills needed for the job needed. Pay more attention to the employee survey.

There are newer employer reviews for TSYS