There are newer employer reviews for TTX

Great Benefits, Low Turnover, Refusal to Deal with Problem Employees

Former Employee - Accountant in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Accountant in Chicago, IL

I worked at TTX

Pros

Healthcare benefits are the best I've seen. There was no deduction from my paycheck for medical, very little for dental and LTD. The medical plan offered great coverage - better than any employer I've worked for.

Cons

Very slow to change, turn over is very low so ideas are stagnant and the idea of "that's the way we've always done it" is huge at TTX. There is very little in the way of promotions and career growth at TTX, but since they offer tuition reimbursement you can sign up for classes and manage your own career. This is not a place where I would build my career. Some of the upper management is afraid of dealing with problem employees and merely hire someone to take their place while moving them to another position.

Get into the 21st century! Deal with the problem employees that you have instead of moving them to another position. Work life balance is important and all departments should offer a work from home option.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great, stable place to work.

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at TTX full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company owns over 200,000 freight railcars; important for getting goods and services at low prices all around the continent. Fantastic benefits and balance of work and personal life. A results oriented, profesional culture.

Cons

None; and many departments are very busy with new challenges to continue upgrading.

Communicate more about the plans are, and what is important about the work that is done.

2. Business Analyst Role

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at TTX full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good, down to earth people. Good IT leadership that supports their people and understands where they need to go to support their business stakeholders

Cons

Tough being new in this environment. Most employees have been there for awhile and it takes a lot to get them to work with you (let you in) and garner their trust.

Incorporate more profession based training and encourage best practices. For example, have your database administrators conduct more training and establish better processes within IT.

There are newer employer reviews for TTX