Great Benefits, Low Turnover, Refusal to Deal with Problem Employees

Former Employee - Accountant in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Accountant in Chicago, IL

I worked at TTX

Pros

Healthcare benefits are the best I've seen. There was no deduction from my paycheck for medical, very little for dental and LTD. The medical plan offered great coverage - better than any employer I've worked for.

Cons

Very slow to change, turn over is very low so ideas are stagnant and the idea of "that's the way we've always done it" is huge at TTX. There is very little in the way of promotions and career growth at TTX, but since they offer tuition reimbursement you can sign up for classes and manage your own career. This is not a place where I would build my career. Some of the upper management is afraid of dealing with problem employees and merely hire someone to take their place while moving them to another position.

Advice to Management

Get into the 21st century! Deal with the problem employees that you have instead of moving them to another position. Work life balance is important and all departments should offer a work from home option.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Equipment Intern

Current Intern - Equipment in Chicago, IL
    Current Intern - Equipment in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TTX as an intern

Pros

-Boss is awesome, very good at listening, and understanding if life happens (such as exams, group projects, car trouble)
    -Co-workers are very chill

This work environment is very calm. Projects must be done in a reasonable time frame, but one day won't make everyone panic, unless is the 5-year budget.

Cons

IT guys in charge of equipment, such as screens and flashdrives, can be a bit uncompromising. They wouldn't give me a second screen (I have to program), even though every other intern had dual screens.

2. Positive Outlook

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TTX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are outstanding. They pay for all of your medical and dental.

Corporate has free coffee and oatmeal for everybody daily

More of a “come and go as you please” feel

Cons

No work life balance. You can travel up to 70% of the time depending on your job.

Bunch of "Good Ole Boys" -- company fear change

Advice to Management

When opening new locations, let some of the "little guys" know in advance... that could make things a lot smoother.