TWG Insurance

www.twginsurance.com
  www.twginsurance.com
There are newer employer reviews for TWG Insurance

TWG Insurance is the best place to work!

Current Employee - Current Employee in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Current Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love TWG Insurance and I love my career. I come to work every day knowing that I am appreciated and that I work with some outstanding people. My manager and other employees are always thankful for my help. The employees here are smart, dedicated and professional. The management teams and corporate employees consistently provide knowledge and expertise to add value to the company and make things happen. I not only trust these people as savvy businessmen and women, but I also consider them to be good friends. The aspects of a career that matter to me most I have found within TWG and they are: knowing that my contributions are recognized and appreciated, working towards a good cause, great opportunities for advancement and increased responsibilities, good benefits, and higher than average compensation. I honestly don’t know where I would be if I didn’t work for TWG.

Cons

You will not have down time if you work here. With high expectations comes great responsibility and increased benefits. If you work hard, you will be able to play hard too.

I have no advice for upper management. These people know what they are doing and they make strategic decisions that have built the company into what it is today and what it will be tomorrow.

72 Other Employee Reviews for TWG Insurance (View Most Recent)

TWG is a Workplace Second to None- It has been a great experience.

Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Irving, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Great environment- For the most part, everyone seems happy while at work. TWG does a great job recruiting young employees to come to work hard and are very easy to get along with. I have not come across a single employee that I have had any major problems with. Although the sales environment may feel a little tense and stressful, everyone seems to enjoy themselves while working together to create a successful company. The different executive, service, sales and finance teams are all well-organized, and are led by managers and directors that do a great job in motivating the team members to work hard, and even reward employees for different achievements and goals that they hit.

-Hours are great- For some, the hours may seem long, but I have personally enjoyed my schedule because I feel that when I am focused in on getting my work done, the time seems to fly by! My manager has actually helped work my schedule around some other obligations I have. I am very surprised by the amount of flexibility I have.

-Employee rewards/ Quarterly Activities- Corporate does a great job in recognizing and making known the successes of the company as a whole, as well as productive individuals. The CEO, does a great job in reflecting on the company's progress monthly, and sends emails out to the entire company thanking everyone for their hard work. I feel that he does a great job in trying to stay down on the employees' level, and seems to act as a coach to a team rather than a just a CEO to a big company. He talks as if he is working together with everyone to reach a goal. He constantly glorifies those who hit both company and personal goals, and rewards those individuals with cash incentives. Also, corporate sponsors quarterly activities that are a great way to bring the company together for some team-building fun. For example, the company has started annual dodgeball and volleyball "deathmatches". In addition to these activities, the company also has a massive Christmas party to reward employees for working hard throughout the year.

-Company success- TWG has boomed as other companies have fallen during this recession. Many companies have had to make massive lay-offs, but TWG has continued to expand, and has even been able to open up a franchise. Employees at TWG have the luxury of having a secure job where they don't have to worry about lay-offs, because the company has shown its strength as it has begun to become an economic powerhouse.

-The company brings in breakfast (donuts and bagels) on Fridays !

Cons

-The sales environment may seem a little stressful, as any other sales job would. Some employees are put into a probationary period if they are unable to produce and benefit the company.

-Expectations are high. If you are not willing to work hard and put time and effort into your job, TWG is not for you. Directors and managers expect that you will be able to work hard and produce results.

-The majority of compensation for most is based on commission, meaning you will only make as much as you sell. If you cannot produce, you may be disappointed when your paycheck comes around.

-Some people may be asked to work weekends if they are behind on their sales. Although this may extend their hours in the workweek, it can help boost their amount of commission coming in at the end of the month.

-Personality is a fairly big part of this job. If you are a sales agent or a service associate and you cannot handle talking on the phone with people, or are unable to relate to clients, you may find that you have a hard time being productive.

Continue to reflect on company progress and make sure to communicate the successes with the employees. Everyone loves hearing that their work has been paying off and that it is appreciated. I feel that compensation could be a little bit better, but I still feel that TWG is a great place to work. Continue to run TWG the way that you have because it is obviously working! This company's progress in its short time since its establishment is very impressive.

Fantastic company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a company truly going places. It has a great team, is extremely well managed and led and has virtually unlimited growth potential. I am so pleased with my decision to join TWG. Management, starting with the CEO, invests time and money to help employees reach their full potential in whatever capacity they are working. Leaders truly care about the employees. The company is also managed with the highest level of ethical conduct and integrity. A truly outstanding company.

Cons

We work hard. But people at every highly successful company work hard. That is how you get ahead in life. If you are just interested in a job, TWG may not be the best place for you. If you are interested in developing a great career, you can't get any better than TWG.

Thank you for all you do for us. I appreciate it.

There are newer employer reviews for TWG Insurance