There are newer employer reviews for TXI

You can't ever plan anything in your personal time.

Former Employee - Information Services  in  Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Information Services in Dallas, TX

I worked at TXI

Pros

Opportunity to learn new technologies

Cons

Lots of weekends with no comp time and very difficult to get pto. You need to call in sick in order to get time off. Unrealistic expectations in regards to work load with no raises and no bonuses. Weekend work in usually thrown on you at the last minute (like the Wednesday or Thursday before), management acts like it is a bad thing if you don't like to do it that way. My manager threw me under the bus when I was out at a doctor's appointment to my director after all of the weekend time I've put in and time taken away from my family. They have a very high stress atmosphere, very negative with nothing in return. So pretty much I have no personal time and no money. I was on call 24x7 for 7 months straight. The management doesn't like to hire people because they want bigger bonuses.

Upper management and management in general do not care for their employees or their family life. They only care for their kids and wives and getting those big bonuses. They just need a warm body and number to assign to you.

YOU NEED TO CARE FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES. Quit being greedy and address the human side of things.

14 Other Employee Reviews for TXI (View Most Recent)

Satisfactory

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at TXI

Pros

It is nice to see that the product you provide has helped build a city. The fruits of your labor will be around for generations. The people are friendly.

Cons

This is a commodity driven sector. It is nice to have a company that prides itself on providing the best product but the bottom line is that the product must be at an affordable price.

Keep providing the quality product that you are providing. Continue to look for ways in which the product can be delivered at an affordable price to the end user.

Ok

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TXI

Pros

There are really good people who work with TXI.

Cons

Top Heavy Family Business....very little chance of promotion or advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for TXI

Worked for TXI? Contribute to the Community!