There are newer employer reviews for TXI

Best IT Department of my Career

Current Employee - IT Management in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - IT Management in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TXI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company places importance on ethics. Personal life is on par with professional life in terms of importance. Low turnover. Multitude of long term employees. Progressive within the industry. Green initiative. Community involvement. Talent pool within IT is very impressive. Senior Management open door policy. VP is knowledgeable and supportive of individual contributors and managers without micromanaging.

Cons

Company is mid-sized with flat organizational structure. Employee happiness results in low turnover so promotion opportunity is rare. This, clearly, is only a con with regard to individuals who are looking for rapid advancement in their careers. Central to Dallas so suburban commute is difficult.

Continue efforts at improved communication, employee development, and promoting within. Very satisfied with all efforts of management.

14 Other Employee Reviews for TXI (View Most Recent)

Has its pros and cons

I have been working at TXI full-time

Pros

Decent Pay
    All training provided to people with no experience
    Flexible work schedules if time needed for Dr Appts.

Cons

Long hours in the summer... often working 12 hr days - 6, sometimes 7 days a week
    Hours dropped back to 40 hrs in the winter months, which can drastically impact the paycheck when you are used to the summer months, so plan accordingly
    Often told on Friday that you are working on Saturday
    If a paid holiday falls on a weekday, management likes to have you work that day and then take Friday off.. fine for some holidays, but 4th of July, New Years Eve, Christmas, should not be changed. And if there is a holiday, you can expect to work Saturday of the following week to make up for lost production days.

Give employees advance notice before working on the weekend, not the day before.

You can't ever plan anything in your personal time.

Former Employee - Information Services in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Information Services in Dallas, TX

I worked at TXI

Pros

Opportunity to learn new technologies

Cons

Lots of weekends with no comp time and very difficult to get pto. You need to call in sick in order to get time off. Unrealistic expectations in regards to work load with no raises and no bonuses. Weekend work in usually thrown on you at the last minute (like the Wednesday or Thursday before), management acts like it is a bad thing if you don't like to do it that way. My manager threw me under the bus when I was out at a doctor's appointment to my director after all of the weekend time I've put in and time taken away from my family. They have a very high stress atmosphere, very negative with nothing in return. So pretty much I have no personal time and no money. I was on call 24x7 for 7 months straight. The management doesn't like to hire people because they want bigger bonuses.

Upper management and management in general do not care for their employees or their family life. They only care for their kids and wives and getting those big bonuses. They just need a warm body and number to assign to you.

YOU NEED TO CARE FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES. Quit being greedy and address the human side of things.

There are newer employer reviews for TXI