TXI

www.txi.com
There are newer employer reviews for TXI

Has its pros and cons

I have been working at TXI full-time

Pros

Decent Pay
All training provided to people with no experience
Flexible work schedules if time needed for Dr Appts.

Cons

Long hours in the summer... often working 12 hr days - 6, sometimes 7 days a week
Hours dropped back to 40 hrs in the winter months, which can drastically impact the paycheck when you are used to the summer months, so plan accordingly
Often told on Friday that you are working on Saturday
If a paid holiday falls on a weekday, management likes to have you work that day and then take Friday off.. fine for some holidays, but 4th of July, New Years Eve, Christmas, should not be changed. And if there is a holiday, you can expect to work Saturday of the following week to make up for lost production days.

Give employees advance notice before working on the weekend, not the day before.

15 Other Employee Reviews for TXI (View Most Recent)

You can't ever plan anything in your personal time.

Former Employee - Information Services in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Information Services in Dallas, TX

I worked at TXI

Pros

Opportunity to learn new technologies

Cons

Lots of weekends with no comp time and very difficult to get pto. You need to call in sick in order to get time off. Unrealistic expectations in regards to work load with no raises and no bonuses. Weekend work in usually thrown on you at the last minute (like the Wednesday or Thursday before), management acts like it is a bad thing if you don't like to do it that way. My manager threw me under the bus when I was out at a doctor's appointment to my director after all of the weekend time I've put in and time taken away from my family. They have a very high stress atmosphere, very negative with nothing in return. So pretty much I have no personal time and no money. I was on call 24x7 for 7 months straight. The management doesn't like to hire people because they want bigger bonuses.

Upper management and management in general do not care for their employees or their family life. They only care for their kids and wives and getting those big bonuses. They just need a warm body and number to assign to you.

YOU NEED TO CARE FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES. Quit being greedy and address the human side of things.

Satisfactory

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at TXI

Pros

It is nice to see that the product you provide has helped build a city. The fruits of your labor will be around for generations. The people are friendly.

Cons

This is a commodity driven sector. It is nice to have a company that prides itself on providing the best product but the bottom line is that the product must be at an affordable price.

Keep providing the quality product that you are providing. Continue to look for ways in which the product can be delivered at an affordable price to the end user.

There are newer employer reviews for TXI