TXU Energy

www.txu.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for TXU Energy

Relaxed workplace, Laid back people, poor management

Former Contractor - .NET Developer in Irving, TX
Former Contractor - .NET Developer in Irving, TX

I worked at TXU Energy as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Relaxed workplace, Bonuses, Friendly people, Not long work hours

Cons

Salary just upto market standards, Poor management by SAP folks reduces project development time by the Web Technology team, Very less change of promotion driven by lot of corporate politics.

Marketing department is not the only department of TXU, the technical department plays an equal role in building the TXU brand

68 Other Employee Reviews for TXU Energy (View Most Recent)

Great team, people and leadership...

Current Employee - Senior Business Sales Specialist in DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Sales Specialist in DFW, TX

I have been working at TXU Energy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Leadership (from C-level to mid management) is fantastic. The people on my team are also all quality sales professionals. The benefits are great and pay is ok for responsibilities. They offer outstanding PTO plan. TXU is excellent about events for charity, holiday parties, employee appreciation days and family events outside of work. It is a very positive place to work, albeit a tough industry.

Cons

This position is not given much training on products and services, so often you learn by encountering issues in the field. (however, management will assist at any time) The comp plans seem to change yearly and make it more difficult to make the same as the previous year.

Keep up the employee appreciation and family events! Beefing up business marketing and advertising would help out the sales teams.

It's a man's world

Current Employee - Business Sales Specialist in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Business Sales Specialist in Irving, TX

I have been working at TXU Energy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Love the peole I work with & enjoy my job...I don't dread going to work everyday.

Cons

People making decisions about our job requirements have never 1. Done on job or even been in sales 2. Have not once had a round table meeting with us to get our input/opinion about we think would be fair & reasonable expectations/metrics, etc. 3. I think they're too heavy on management in some departments 4. There's no "open door policy" that allows one to skip over their direct management to go straight to the decision maker in the event you disagree/question their decisions. 4. Men seem to have more "freedom of speech" overall than women...company-wide.

Encourage more of an "open door policy"...all the way to the CEO. Make more educated decisions in regards to decisions made that effect our job. Specifically, by seeking & strongly considering the input of those that do the job & are succesful.

There are newer employer reviews for TXU Energy