TYCO Valves and Controls

There are newer employer reviews for TYCO Valves and Controls

Good basic employer

Former Employee - Accountant in Brisbane, CA
Former Employee - Accountant in Brisbane, CA

I worked at TYCO Valves and Controls full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good structures and systems in place

Cons

Too big-you can get lost

none really, they're probably left

10 Other Employee Reviews for TYCO Valves and Controls (View Most Recent)

This place is unorganized, unsafe, blind leading the blind and overall terrible.

Current Employee - Assembly Technician in Stafford, TX
    Current Employee - Assembly Technician in Stafford, TX

I have been working at TYCO Valves and Controls full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. This is all they have, coming from someone who's other jobs have never had benefits.

Cons

Management is terrible, some supervisors here dont even have degrees, it's a place on who you know basis, new people teach new people, the procedures to build here are never followed, the safety aspect of our company is a joke, it's more on "oh yea we did this and this" people get injured so much now, it's a joke. Management never talks to each other, one tells you one thing and another tells you another, no one takes responsibility, if someone gets fired or leaves, they push the extra work on other employees. There hasn't been a new product in our line up in years, they made it a lean manufacturer and no one knows what there doing, people who work here are stuck here, there to old to leave or know they can't find another job. Management tells us everyday, "fine leave, no one else is hiring, scaring some people." they brought supervisors in who are yes men, the plant manager thinks ecerything is perfect and he's to bust to come check this place out. SAP (our new operating system) has slowed us down dramatically, we used to do 10x much work without it, but some idiot implanted that system, were spending billions on a new building for our warehouse. No one gets paid here, some people have been here 10 years and new hires are already making more than them. One guy gets paid $11 to paint, his average world wide is $16, he's been here 6 years I've heard. They don't listen to employees, there cheap on everything, no new tools, no new system processes, they let black belts make the decisions for your area in which they never worked in. Place is screwed up, no one takes an interest in there job, they just do the minimal and go home. Last note, the last few raises I've had, have been either nothing or under 10 cents, this is not a lie. Come and talk to the employees in stafford and find out for yourself.

None can be given, if there just like the ones here, they already know what's going on but there going to avoid it like the plague and just let it keep on rolling how it has been.

Great

Current Employee - Intern in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at TYCO Valves and Controls

Pros

Pay is good, people are good.

Cons

The work is very boring.

Extra hours