Tableau Software
www.tableausoftware.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Tableau Software has stimulating and meaningful challenges, and knows how to celebrate success.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsWorking at Tableau Software is an incredible opportunity to collaborate with sharp, excited employees to solve some of the most pressing problems of our time. The mission is clear and resonates with the whole company. Since Tableau is growing so quickly -- fueled by real earnings -- it is a place where everyone can grow and succeed (not a zero-sum game like many large software companies). You will learn a great deal on the job and you can see the impact that your work makes on the company. With customers constantly singing our praises, there's no shortage of validation to keep you motivated. Tableau Software is truly a special company.

ConsTableau Software is not a place for people who are cynical, jaded or lazy. Employees are enthusiastic, eager to collaborate and hard working, and we expect the same of everyone who works here. Be mindful of your work / life balance though, because the mission that drives this company to execute so well can sometimes be so engaging that it displaces the necessary, healthy balance of other sources of fulfillment in life.

Advice to Senior ManagementBig, publicly traded companies start to look alike after a while. Most are overly sensitive to the immediate quarterly results, most will seek tax shelters, and nearly all seem to have lost their founding cultural identity. As Tableau grows we must continue solving important problems for real users, building a lasting growth engine for new jobs and opportunities, and we must continue to honor the ideal that a great team with a great culture is the most important foundation for building a successful company.

Excellent place to grow and learn in a fast growing start up

Sales Area Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than a year

Pros: Start up atmosphere Smart People Highly successful company Cons: Sales pay is low and quota achievement is very difficult - less than 20% do Company… Advice to Senior Management: Sales folks are often coin operated and once the company goes public, no one will… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

WA Best Place To Work 2012 - Large Company Category

Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than a year

Pros: Amazing product and people. Everyone has a voice. Everything you… Cons: Everything you do matters, so it better be good! Advice to Senior Management: Keep it up! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Tableau Software.

Worked for Tableau Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tableau Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tableau Software CEO Christian Chabot. All reviews posted anonymously by Tableau Software employees.