Tableau Software
www.tableausoftware.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good for getting started in a career, not good for experienced professionals

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC

ProsThere is a lot of entry-level scripted sales and product training, emphasis on required certifications to ensure employee readiness, and many nice career growth opportunities for new graduates that do not have high salary or commission needs. Most Tableau staff are very young, go-getter professionals.

ConsEx-SAP management and inexperienced management are a real downer in what could be a great place to work. Experienced professionals are not valued due to the simplicity of the Tableau solution. There is a cultural divide between new and original Tableau, role overlaps, over ambitiously set quotas, and growing pains.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith significantly increased competition in what used to be a unique niche market, revisit the transactional sales approach, upgrade/change management, and add more true enterprise level sales reps into the equation.

I Love working with Tableau

Operations (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They have a great product and the people are amazing. Cons: You work hard, but I don't really see that as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Product, Bad Management, Low, Low Pay

Sales Area Manager (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at Tableau Software full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great product, nice catered lunches every now and then. Great product training. Pretty casual workplace and good people to work with. Seattle's boot… Cons: Ex-Dell management with management ideas from the early 90's. management uses Excel internally at a Business… Advice to Senior Management: Cut out the Dell managers and bring in some senior… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Tableau Software.

Worked for Tableau Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tableau Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tableau Software CEO Christian Chabot. All reviews posted anonymously by Tableau Software employees.