Amazing product, team, and benefits

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

You're working with the best of the best. Incredibly smart people moving at an extremely fast pace. The benefits are fantastic, and the product is going to change the world.

Cons

Salary is far below elsewhere, that is understood coming to Tableau. Many people take job/pay cuts to join this world class team. However, at some point they will need to up the base of many employees.

Keep promoting internally and making sure the product at the heart of everything we do.

Other Reviews for Tableau Software

Respectful employee centric culture that nourishes an innovative get it done attitude

Current Employee - Software Manager
    Current Employee - Software Manager

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time

Pros

smart people
    considerate senior mgmt
    great onboarding and training program

Cons

digesting employee growth of last 2 years.

Processes and systems need to scale
    Need to adapt culture with growing size

Drinking the Kool-aid isn't always a bad thing

Current Employee - Data Analyst  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

On my personal team, we have a great culture of openness and hands-off management, but I understand it's not like that on every team. Work-life balance is great and hours are very flexible. My manager has a huge focus on personal growth and I've learned a great deal in my position. The company culture is fun and for the most part there is a lot of buy-in with the mission statement.

Cons

With a lot of buy-in with the company comes a bit of a kool-aid-drinker feel to the people of Tableau, which some people are turned off by. A main issue with the company loyalty is that people are often hesitant to address issues with the company and product. The compensation is low compared to other large companies in Seattle. Change comes very slowly.

Compensation more equal to other companies would be great. Also, straight PTO instead of a combo of PTO and sick leave would be excellent. I never get sick and it would be great to not be punished just because I'm healthy.

There are newer employer reviews for Tableau Software.

Worked for Tableau Software? Contribute to the Community!