Taco Bell
www.tacobell.com Irvine, CA 5000+ Employees

Your Ordinary Minimum Wage Job

Team Member (Former Employee)
Galveston, TX

ProsFlexible hours, General Manager will work around school and other jobs. I was very happy with my scheduling hours while I was at school and working 35+hr/week. Just ask.
     Customers like to be quick in drive through and do not fuss much, you do get some but it's no big deal and keeps the day interesting so you don't go into robot mode. Every city has their village idiots, Galveston's seem as though they Love Taco Bell some weeks lolz
     The managers that walk around will ALWAYS be of help, advice, and answer any/all questions. Nice people too.

EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY Just smile, understand your duties (specific to the position), make sure it is right and presto with little practice, you'll be a pro in progress. I came in knowing nothing and two weeks later I knew almost all the positions and would practice with each one.

Nice, excellent working environment if you are pro active with connecting with each person. Everyone likes to have fun and it doesn't detract form working. Working the closing shift was almost always a blast. I made many friends and overall enjoyed my experience and won't forget it till many years.

Rush hours have a 10-35 min break in between to restock, relax, pick up on preparing more ingredients. Sometimes it can be exhausting but the paycheck makes up for it. I always asked for extra hours, always ask if you want if you want them.

ConsOver worked due to the particularly lazy young workers who work their and don't do their job fully. Others pick up the slack. ( I did anyways)
     The learning curve can make the rush hour seem difficult but not to worry because you don't move to drive through till you mastered the menu selection touch-computer. Once you move to drive through it's the best place in my opinion. Front counter is fine but time doesn't pass as fast.
     They recently exchanged their General Manger for another yet I moved out of town before experience the pro/con of the new GM.
     Closing is SLOW on the clean up and getting out. (young high school'ers get tired) :(
     The flexibility can bite you if you close (working till 2 am on weekends) then the next day scheduled to work at 10 am. I advise you set you parameters before the General Manager becomes comfortable doing this. It is not a problem making sure this doesn't happen, just be sure to say something if you think you won't handle it.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand young people aren't working like they used to, but the better the work environment, the more young students you'll get to apply. No need for the ones that don't care about it and sit around doing nothing or the ones that talk back. Set some guide lines down, firm and understandable. This was done in the middle of the day one time, we lost two people who felt they couldn't handle responsibility of making a taco and burrito quickly or keep their place clean. but didn't matter because the employees that did not know what their job was finally did and we improved greatly every day with the best efficiency and customer service for about a week,.

Fantastic company to work for!

Associate Manager (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: All of the oppertunity in the world! The only… Cons: At the Taco Bell corporate office, you work HARD and you play HARD. It's very fast paced, you've got to stay current and grow,… Advice to Senior Management: Go at least three levels down to ground leadership on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

This has to be the worst job ever

Food/Service Champion (Current Employee)
    Whiteville, NC

I have been working at Taco Bell part-time for less than a year

Pros: 1/2 off food? free drinks, and getting to leave Cons: horrible managers, lack of respect to employees, long hours, annoying… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Taco Bell.

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!

Taco Bell – Why Work for Us?

Working at Taco Bell means loving the food, and joining a high-energy team that serves 3 million customers every day. Whether it's at headquarters or in the restaurant, everyone is passionate about delivering the best… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Taco Bell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed. All reviews posted anonymously by Taco Bell employees.