There are newer employer reviews for Taco Bell

Your Ordinary Minimum Wage Job

Former Employee - Team Member  in  Galveston, TX
Former Employee - Team Member in Galveston, TX

I worked at Taco Bell part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, General Manager will work around school and other jobs. I was very happy with my scheduling hours while I was at school and working 35+hr/week. Just ask.
     Customers like to be quick in drive through and do not fuss much, you do get some but it's no big deal and keeps the day interesting so you don't go into robot mode. Every city has their village idiots, Galveston's seem as though they Love Taco Bell some weeks lolz
     The managers that walk around will ALWAYS be of help, advice, and answer any/all questions. Nice people too.

EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY Just smile, understand your duties (specific to the position), make sure it is right and presto with little practice, you'll be a pro in progress. I came in knowing nothing and two weeks later I knew almost all the positions and would practice with each one.

Nice, excellent working environment if you are pro active with connecting with each person. Everyone likes to have fun and it doesn't detract form working. Working the closing shift was almost always a blast. I made many friends and overall enjoyed my experience and won't forget it till many years.

Rush hours have a 10-35 min break in between to restock, relax, pick up on preparing more ingredients. Sometimes it can be exhausting but the paycheck makes up for it. I always asked for extra hours, always ask if you want if you want them.

Cons

Over worked due to the particularly lazy young workers who work their and don't do their job fully. Others pick up the slack. ( I did anyways)
     The learning curve can make the rush hour seem difficult but not to worry because you don't move to drive through till you mastered the menu selection touch-computer. Once you move to drive through it's the best place in my opinion. Front counter is fine but time doesn't pass as fast.
     They recently exchanged their General Manger for another yet I moved out of town before experience the pro/con of the new GM.
     Closing is SLOW on the clean up and getting out. (young high school'ers get tired) :(
     The flexibility can bite you if you close (working till 2 am on weekends) then the next day scheduled to work at 10 am. I advise you set you parameters before the General Manager becomes comfortable doing this. It is not a problem making sure this doesn't happen, just be sure to say something if you think you won't handle it.

I understand young people aren't working like they used to, but the better the work environment, the more young students you'll get to apply. No need for the ones that don't care about it and sit around doing nothing or the ones that talk back. Set some guide lines down, firm and understandable. This was done in the middle of the day one time, we lost two people who felt they couldn't handle responsibility of making a taco and burrito quickly or keep their place clean. but didn't matter because the employees that did not know what their job was finally did and we improved greatly every day with the best efficiency and customer service for about a week,.

623 Other Employee Reviews for Taco Bell (View Most Recent)

This has to be the worst job ever

Current Employee - Food/Service Champion  in  Whiteville, NC
    Current Employee - Food/Service Champion in Whiteville, NC

I have been working at Taco Bell part-time for less than a year

Pros

1/2 off food? free drinks, and getting to leave

Cons

horrible managers, lack of respect to employees, long hours, annoying customers

Okay job for high schoolers needing a part-time job, nothing more

Former Employee - Team Member  in  Thornton, CO
    Former Employee - Team Member in Thornton, CO

I worked at Taco Bell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not particularly difficult work
    Discount on the food when you're working
    As many hours as you want
    Flexible scheduling

Cons

Rude customers
    Management doesn't care about employees
    You have to be really speedy, faster than you would think
    Not customer service oriented
    Stingy about raises
    No training

There needs to be a more rigorous training method. I was basically thrown into whatever task they wanted me to do even if I had no idea what I was doing, including making food-which is something I think you should know what you're doing with before you do it.

There are newer employer reviews for Taco Bell

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!