There are newer employer reviews for Tacoma Community College

Very beneficial college! Great for transferring into a four year college, and a campus that promotes success!

I worked at Tacoma Community College part-time

Pros

This college is filled with clubs, activities, and student engagement. The school is proactive, and looks towards the future. Their student government is strong, and if you choose to get involved at TCC it is a highly rewarding experience!

Cons

Nothing that will drive you too insane. Sometimes there is financial aid issues, but I've only heard about this, I did not experience this in the process of getting my degree.

You guys are awesome! Keep it up! :-)

8 Other Employee Reviews for Tacoma Community College (View Most Recent)

Decent employer

Former Employee - Tutor in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Tutor in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Tacoma Community College part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great job if you need something part time while a student. It is slightly above minimum wage and the people are fairly friendly to work with.

Cons

They have a limit on how many hours that tutors can work because they are not willing to give any benefits, even to their most seasoned tutors. It is a shame, because some of them definitely deserve it. They also have a wage lock, meaning that you cannot get a raise no matter how long you work for them.

Fix your pay system, it is embarrassing.

Student staff with close working relationship with regular staff.

I worked at Tacoma Community College

Pros

Met some great people, was nice to be able to work for pay as part of financial aid package

Cons

Watching full time staff get laid off during state budget cuts was very difficult. Also hours cut back and my direct supervisor was severely underpaid for how long she had been there.

Pay your employees what they are worth. The student pay was fine, it was knowing that my supervisor should be making $5+ more an hour that was painful.

There are newer employer reviews for Tacoma Community College