A Leap Pad...

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Tag Worldwide

Pros

3 weeks of vacation, good dental (since being bought out by Williams Lea), beer on Fridays...thats it.

Cons

Working at Tag is like working at MTV, no one is over 35...if they are they are senior managers and they will make your time there a miserable one. Working at Tag for almost three years I have gotten one review and only because i fought for it. The only chance of promotion at Tag is if your manager leaves - even then there is a very good chance you will just take on their responsibilities and not reap the benefits in your pay / title. My advice is to use Tag for what they can give you - a paycheck. Use your time there to look for a new job that will give you a step in the right direction; its bearable enough to stay until you find the right next move in your career - don't just leave because you hate it there and take another position that will be another dead end. Good Luck!

Advice to Management

Understand employees need a work / life balance or else they will resent the office. Fix CMD!! This is a terrible tool and one I am embarrassed to have to represent. Reward your employees with timely annual reviews - if you forget about them - they will forget about you!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

There are better places to work in NYC with capable management and steady business.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Tag Worldwide

Pros

Good healthcare and vacation days off given the company is UK based. Good location in Soho office.

Cons

Inept senior level management who have brought many of their cronies with them from past jobs. Seem to hire based on personal friendships rather than the requisite skills and experience needed to do the job. Bar maids are hired as account reps and other inept or just out of school employees with little experience in the creative/development departments. The company doesn't pay well in comparison to other agencies so they get the bottom of the barrel with regard to talent. Also not very good at bringing in new business or retaining existing accounts. They lost several large accounts due to their ineptness. Their managing director comes from a sales background and therefore doesn't really understand the industry or its clients business. Just because you have a Harvard degree doesn't mean you know how to run a design and production agency. My role was supposed to have a bonus potential and formal review but I never received either although it was stated in my hire letter. The salary is low by industry standards and most people who work there live in the boroughs. I interviewed at other agencies who are Tag's clients and their opinion of Tag is consistent with mine in that they don't have their act together and are chaotic and disorganized.

Advice to Management

Hire management who knows what they are doing and understands the business. Tag has been trying to grow their digital business but their talent has a background in traditional production and are therefore clueless although they present something different when pitching new business. Reward and promote those who deserve it rather those who have cronies in high places and little to contribute. Their value proposition is flawed in that they tell clients they can produce their campaigns more cheaply across international markets by utilizing the same creative from another market but in reality their developers spend more time trying to figure out what developers did in other offices when it could have been created from scratch more cost effectively.

2. Senior Java Developer

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time

Pros

Wednesday fruits, ice creams on sunny days

Cons

Less restrooms, office space is less. However they are shifting to a bigger office by september