There are newer employer reviews for Tagged

Still in startup mode yet very stable

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tagged full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Huge responsibilities: One can make a big impact in the first month if they are up for it.
- Great work life balance: Working hard is rewarded with unlimited vacation.
- Very transparent management. The management tells us almost everything every Friday. No surprises.

Cons

- Gain extra pound. There lots of great food. The company provides free gym membership to lose those extra pounds though.
- Takes on ambitious engineering projects such as STIG. These sometimes stresses engineering resources.

reviews filtered by
  1. The money is good if you can stomach the site

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Tagged full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very nice work environment. The people are cool too and it's generally a fun place to be. Some are very smart, so that might rub off as well.

Cons

The website itself is rather unsavory. I found that I was embarrassed to tell people where I worked, in spite of liking the people and enjoying the work. If you are talented enough to work at Tagged, then you are probably also talented enough to work somewhere else with good (if a bit lower) compensation. I recommend you take the place that will give you more satisfaction. I realize this sounds like "Do what I say, not what I did." And yes, that's what kind of advice it is, so take it if you want.

Clean up the site. You say that the website is for people to meet other people, but I don't think that happens much, and it seems that making money is the priority. This is why fake profiles are still around. I think that helping people meet other people is a great idea and has a lot of potential, but I don't think your actually approaching that use case very creatively. I would do some significant research into how people actually want to meet each other (along with who they want to meet) and try to fit those desires like a glove. Also, try to get the scantily clad and creepy people off the site. I don't think the site will every go big with that stuff being prevalent on it.

Meh, just OK unless you're a software engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Tagged full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good food, good benefits, bring your dog, nice office, smart people.

Cons

No product, compensation not very competitive unless you're a software engineer. CEO is off raving every weekend while the company struggles to figure out what they're doing. Meanwhile, engineers are lavishly showered for producing nothing. This company has no direction and it's not going to help you get a job later in life because no one has ever heard of it.

Figure out your product.