Tagged

about.tagged.com

Ya can't put lipstick on a pig.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsLots of perks (other reviews cover this).
Recently, company is very willing to take risks and move in "unpopular" directions, i.e. willing to let culture take a backseat sometimes. Hope to see more of this type of internal growth and focus.

ConsMany people working at Tagged do not seem to understand the larger technological forces at play (other reviews point at Google and Facebook as if they're the only others...). There's a technological culture at Tagged that is sorely missed: where are the seasoned developers and engineers? Why is data storage such a mess? Why are there so many holes in the product's infrastructure? Why hasn't there been a serious drive to stabilize and beautify the product?

Internal competition leaves much to be desired. Teams fight for product ownership, other's are milquetoast in fear of responsibility, others result to name calling or worse. This is unhealthy and teams need to band together in an effort to make the product better. Competition is great, but adversary is not.

Advice to Senior ManagementA dose of reality is probably needed: Don't talk about changing the world if you're unwilling to change the product into something that deserves to be around in the future. It comes off as insincere and gilded.

Is Tagged a business or a daycare for adults?

Keep the perks, but also demand more from teams. Don't be afraid to say something is crap and start over. Have higher standards, but also understand that perfection doesn't happen over night.

Slaughter the pig, eat the bacon, keep moving forward.

Good, but upper management incompetent

Machine Learning Master (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Tagged as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros: Good perks and good hours Cons: Upper management doesn't know what they are doing, but it… Advice to Senior Management: Grow up Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Still Solid

(Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tagged full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The talented people, the culture, the perks, and the opportunity to advance and have an impact. Some places… Cons: Sometimes strategic priorities shift too often, and some product decisions seem questionable. Also sometimes they run out of my favorite bottled beer before I can… Advice to Senior Management: You're on the right track, just deliver. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Tagged.

Worked for Tagged? Contribute to the Community!