Takata
takata.com Tokyo, Japan 5000+ Employees

"Sinking ship" is true

ProsFree coffee and tea.
If you ever get promoted to director level, you may taste some good benefit at last but promotion rarely happens to right people.

ConsDepends on what department you work in, but people in some departments are really miserably working - especially operation and quality. Working overtime and weekend becomes norm, but no rewards.
There are too many departments in this company. Too many unknown departments (and their team names are confusing), too many directors and too many managers. I'm sure many actual employees don't know what other departments are doing.
No matter what department you work in, short resource is always an issue. Company can't hire new people because of no budget. Good performers leave as soon as they find a better job. Farewell emails also become norm. Company can't afford hiring new ones, so existing ones (except managers/directors/executives) always suffer too much workload. Managers think anybody is replaceable so they don't treat you right here.
Obviously company is not doing well and doesn't seem to get any better (actually getting worse and worse every day).
"Quality First" is such a joke. Very dishonest to not only employees but also customers and consumers who actually drive cars."Sinking ship" is really true to this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. They won't change no matter what.

Upper management is unimpressive

Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Takata full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Free parking. Free but really bad coffee. Free cheap tea. Cons: All of the relatives of the upper management work for the company. Upper management would rather spend lots of money on unreliable printers than… Advice to Senior Management: None. The management can't be rescued. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Avoid this sinking ship.

Product Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Takata full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There is free food in the break room sometimes. Cons: Upper management is out of touch. Pay is low. The company cannot compete. The good engineers leave the company quickly. Farewell emails are constant. … Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your employees by paying them at least at the average industry level so you can reap dividends later. Cut the bureaucracy and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Takata.

Worked for Takata? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Takata reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Takata CEO Shigehisa Takada . All reviews posted anonymously by Takata employees.