There are newer employer reviews for Take Care Health

A very disconnected experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

I have been working at Take Care Health

Pros

Monday throught Friday position with weekends off.

Cons

Poor communication from upper management. Do not receive the tools or backing to do the job. Management is top heavy.

Advice to Management

Improve communications to associates in the field. Make the work experience a positive one. Management should be more supportive of associates.

reviews filtered by
  1. This is a company that is providing innovative and low cost health care alternatives and its great to be along with them

Current Employee - Hearing Conservationist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Hearing Conservationist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Take Care Health

Pros

They really want to be a destination employer and so there is much encouragement to find the best work/life balance. The company offers solutions for working people to take part in their healthcare in a very convenient manner and setting. I see about 1000 clients a year and it is fun getting to know employees and provide information to them to keep them motivated to maintain their hearing health.

Cons

The platform they use for the multiple applications is often non-functional, causing delays in work and efficiencies. However, they are working on improvement. They have too many layers of upper management and it takes multiple persons to approve some decisions and that, too, takes valuable time. Some of the managers are too far removed from the front lines and make decisions for which they have no real knowledge base. It is a very hierarchical structure.

Advice to Management

Streamline the decision making processes.

It sounds good in the beginning, but once you work there you realize its fools gold.

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Clinton, IA
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Clinton, IA

I have been working at Take Care Health

Pros

Good pay, Good Benefits, initially. flexible schedule on the ESG side of the company.

Cons

They changed their health insurance provider in 2011 and it went downhill. I used to recieve $2500 in CME and 5 days off for CME. That was cut to only $1000/yr. There is no contract, so you can get axed anytime- WHICH IS WHAT HAPPENED T ME!

I went on maternity leave and received a call during my leave that my full time job was gone and I was being offered a per diem NP position- no benefits and no per diem level of pay. You can guess what I told them.... Working without a contract opens you up to alot of bad stuff. Your offer letter doesnt hold up at all under the law-

The job started off great and sounded good on paper, but once you get into it, you realize how disorganized the ESG (occ health) side is.

My "boss" was an RN. the other NP's had a "boss" that was an RN. My educational preparation and medical rank supercede hers- so why is she my boss? She has no insight into evaluating an NP or understanding how to support an NP. Take Care calls the DSO's- most are nurses- most with 2 year degrees managing Masters prepared nurses. Is that a company that you want to work for???

Advice to Management

Respect NP for their value and preparation. You would not treat a physician the way you treat your NP's. NPs are respected medical providers and you should treat them as such.

There are newer employer reviews for Take Care Health