Take Care Health

Nurse Pracitioner

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Take Care Health

Pros

Flexiblility, good benefits, autonomy

Cons

Limits on clinical practice from management

Streamline the feedback that practitioners get. Comes from too many sources and gets confusing after awhile.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Take Care Health (View Most Recent)

Retail clinics great at the patient care level. Management getting out of touch in a company that's grown too fast.

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I have been working at Take Care Health

Pros

Set up to feel like you own and run your own clinic
    Can work in your own community
    Clinics are set up very functionally
    Standards of practice are high
    Salaries are decent
    Benefits respectable
    Has given Nurse Practitioners recognition as providers.
    Is owned by Walgreens, therefore offers some stability in these difficult times.

Cons

Feels like you run your own clinic..... until they start to micromanage.
    Too many changes without getting input from providers.
    Less and less treated as professionals but rather like "employees". You will be punching a clock.
    Company keeps growing at the top while diminishing support at the bottom. Sadly, NPs are near the bottom.
    While scope of practice is limited, they keep adding services to bring in money. This is fine except that they don't work in the actual setting and have an unrealistic view of what will succeed and how to make it succeed.
    Too many new grads who don't know enough yet to practice independently.

Come and spend time in the clinics before you start changing and adding services. The people in marketing, management, support services, are good people, but don't have a good working knowledge of what our roles are in the retail setting, how we are perceived by our particular community, or what will work in individual markets.
    Also, stop experimenting. Certain things will work, others are a waste of time, money and resources. Ask us, most of us with experience will know and can help the company prosper.

This is a solid company that is growing!

Current Employee - Health Center Nurse Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Health Center Nurse Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Take Care Health

Pros

It has a very large national clinical community. Management works very hard to ensure peer support.

The shared computer database that is used is very exstensive with many new features.

This company has recently merged CHD Meridian, Whole Health and Walgreens (Take Care). Take Care is a nurse driven company that remembers that ultimately the patient is our reason for working so hard. The company employs a lot of first rate clinicians and respects experience that comes with age.

Cons

The policies and paperwork seem excessive. To ensure state compliance there are many protocols and paperwork to follow. It is a lot to keep up with.

I would suggest to cut back on beaurocracy/paperwork. Some of it can be very time consuming.

There are newer employer reviews for Take Care Health