There are newer employer reviews for Take-Two

Pretty decent place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Take-Two

Pros

T2 is a decent place to work and has a casual atmosphere so you can wear basically whatever you'd like to work (within the proper limits), the people here are nice to work with, the location is good (in NoHo), and the opportunity for advancement has been good depending on what department you are in.

Cons

Although career advancement has been good, I feel that this may taper off for now. The company tends to hire management that may be unnecessary and usually has a disparate impact on the rest of the departments. Also management could use some developing to learn how to better coach and create career paths.

Advice to Management

Take the time to meet with employees of all levels to really assess what needs the company has. The company could be more efficient and hiring all the extras isn't really necessary.

reviews filtered by
  1. pretty good

I have been working at Take-Two

Pros

always interesting work to do, and it is possible to lead a life outside of work.

Cons

poor mid level leadership in the sports games department.

Advice to Management

I like what 2k games is doing with interesting IP. I would like to see us innovating in the sports department as well rather than just chasing our competitors.

2. just being honest.

Current Employee - 3D Artist
    Current Employee - 3D Artist

I have been working at Take-Two

Pros

they respect your weekends. the weekends are yours unless it gets very busy but then they will try not to make you work on your weekends. in turn the weekdays might be longer at crunch mode but you do get OT. they won't offer a higher position unless you have some type of interest in the position. if you need to take time off for certain reasons its fairly easy to request time off unless your in chrunch mode. if your responsible and cover your hours accordingly you can take time in the day to excercise and do your preventative care.

Cons

like any big video game company(100+employees) your just a number. they don't look at your tenure or what you have accomplished, being layed off is common. with 100+ employees perks might be hard to come by but at least do something to let your employees know that they're appreciated. as aways the political game is played here as well. if a boss likes you then you're favored. we usually don't get much feedback since work is pretty consistent and constant. down time has been far inbetween. most of the crunch time modes coincide with usual vacation months summer time and xmas times.

Advice to Management

appreciate your workers not with words but with action.