TakeLessons

www.takelessons.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for TakeLessons

It is like working with my best friends and closest family, people who share my same values and want to see me grow!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The cultural is unparallel to any other: full of like-minded employees who work hard together everyday as a team, and share in successes in a wacky and creative way. Communication here is extremely open, and managers work towards empowering their workers to taking accountability and initiative to make great decisions. The atmosphere is fun, friendly, and high energy.

Cons

Free parking is difficult to find unless you decide to pay for it within the work area. Also, for most people it is very hard to move up into a higher position. Most people in sales or customer service will be in their position for over a year with little hope to move to a position off of the phones, which leads to plenty of turnover.

Help your workers grow in skill and position throughout their time here.

40 Other Employee Reviews for TakeLessons (View Most Recent)

Fun, Genuine, Challenging Workplace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons full-time

Pros

Culture is amazing. Everyone that works at TakeLessons has an interest in music, and most have had personal experience either teaching or taking private music lessons. We even have a jam room where employees can go and rock out if they need a break during their day. The relationships between coworkers is the best I've encountered in a workplace. We support each other, and help each other to become even better at what we do.

Cons

TakeLessons is still a young company (6 years old), and so is going through growing pains. The company doesn't have everything figured out, but is working on getting there. All of that just makes things challenging at times.

Invest in training current employees to get better at their jobs.

Takelessons - A glorified call center

Former Employee - Customer Service in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in San Diego, CA

I worked at TakeLessons full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Takelessons is a call center in a great location. Also, they were occasionally flexible with regards to scheduling shifts. Takelessons will also let you take on huge amounts of additional responsibility, pay is a different story, but none the less… A large amount of the people that work at takelessons are nice and it seemed most had college degrees, which was surprising to me for a call center. At the end of the day, takelessons is a company that facilitates music lessons which is cool.

Cons

Takelessons is a music related call center that doesn't even have any music playing in the office! You have to pay for parking and you can barely even fit in your cubicle. It's a glorified call center lacking any legitimate career opportunities, not to mention any monetary upward mobility. Takelessons is open 7 days a week so you have to work weekends and rarely, if ever get a weekend, much less 2 days in a row off.

The cult-like "fun culture" takelessons worked so hard to create is seemingly being replaced with a much more corporate one. My overall experience at takelessons felt more like a high school, rumor mill, roller coaster than a job, and I was considered one of the "cool kids" if not the "coolest". Oh, and I'm not totally sure but I'm pretty sure you have to be good looking to even be considered.

Get more feedback from the call center side; the people in the trenches. Often times a great business idea on paper does not mean it's anything more than just a great idea. Don't try to grow too fast, get overhead down, and really look at overall morale.

There are newer employer reviews for TakeLessons