There are newer employer reviews for TakeLessons

Great Company to Develop Your Skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A small start-up, that is now coming into it's own and expanding, gives hard-working employees the ability to be promoted quickly. The opportunity to expand you skillset and knowledge in areas other than your expertise is a great one, and cross training and shadowing execs is encouraged. I feel that I have grown so much personally and professionally during my short time here. The culture of the company is young, fun, and has a carefree atmosphere. I actually look forward to coming to work!

Cons

Now that the company is leaving "startup territory," many hoops need to be jumped through to get changes made within the company. There are a lot of improvements and areas of opportunity that need to be made with the business model, and our customer experience team, but it very hard to actually get changes made.

Advice to Management

The hourly employees are the people interacting with the customer. They know the pain points, and they understand the things that need to be fixed. Don't ignore their opinions, as they are the gateway to your customer experience.

Also, communication about company changes could be communicated more effectively and transparently.

Never take Beer on Fridays away again ;)

reviews filtered by
  1. It is like working with my best friends and closest family, people who share my same values and want to see me grow!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The cultural is unparallel to any other: full of like-minded employees who work hard together everyday as a team, and share in successes in a wacky and creative way. Communication here is extremely open, and managers work towards empowering their workers to taking accountability and initiative to make great decisions. The atmosphere is fun, friendly, and high energy.

Cons

Free parking is difficult to find unless you decide to pay for it within the work area. Also, for most people it is very hard to move up into a higher position. Most people in sales or customer service will be in their position for over a year with little hope to move to a position off of the phones, which leads to plenty of turnover.

Advice to Management

Help your workers grow in skill and position throughout their time here.

2. Fun, Genuine, Challenging Workplace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons full-time

Pros

Culture is amazing. Everyone that works at TakeLessons has an interest in music, and most have had personal experience either teaching or taking private music lessons. We even have a jam room where employees can go and rock out if they need a break during their day. The relationships between coworkers is the best I've encountered in a workplace. We support each other, and help each other to become even better at what we do.

Cons

TakeLessons is still a young company (6 years old), and so is going through growing pains. The company doesn't have everything figured out, but is working on getting there. All of that just makes things challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Invest in training current employees to get better at their jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for TakeLessons