TakeLessons

www.takelessons.com
There are newer employer reviews for TakeLessons

Great place for young professionals looking to learn & grow.

Current Employee - Support Representative in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Support Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The open door policy and no "jerks" rule create an atmosphere of positive reinforcement and creativity all around. A start-up environment is not for the faint of heart, and there are plenty of opportunities to give up when things get hard--but I think the best part of working at TakeLessons is having the creative freedom step up, lead, and present solutions as a team, allowing everyone to push through and succeed together. At TakeLessons, employees are encouraged to ask the big, tough, "why" questions especially when it comes to customer service, our policies, and our business. Everyone is on the same playing field and has the same opportunity to make a big impact if they are willing to work for it. Most of all--TakeLessons is a company made of unique, gifted, funny, inspiring people and at the end of the day, no matter what is thrown at you, you know you still had a good time working & growing with your friends.

Cons

Agreeing to work in a start-up environment means you will work harder with fewer monetary benefits; there are times when things feel unstable, constantly changing, and uncontrolled. That being said, working at TakeLessons provides young professionals (particularly) with the opportunity to wear many hats, get lots of experience doing many different kinds of work, and eventually (hopefully) establish a career path at TL or elsewhere. Sometimes working at TakeLessons feels like a rollercoaster, but we all succeed and fail together--the positive company culture keeps most people grounded and feeling supported at every stage.

Create a structured communication channel to keep everyone in the company up to speed on the direction of our company (big goals, partnerships, etc.). Meetings don't count. Make it visual, clear, centrally located/constant, and something everyone can engage with and see/feel results of.

39 Other Employee Reviews for TakeLessons (View Most Recent)

Great Company Culture, Great Talent

Current Employee - Student Counselor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Student Counselor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very Supportive
    Positive Environment
    Great Company Culture
    Great Views

Cons

Can't think of anything bad

Keep up the fantastic work!!

Great Company to Develop Your Skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A small start-up, that is now coming into it's own and expanding, gives hard-working employees the ability to be promoted quickly. The opportunity to expand you skillset and knowledge in areas other than your expertise is a great one, and cross training and shadowing execs is encouraged. I feel that I have grown so much personally and professionally during my short time here. The culture of the company is young, fun, and has a carefree atmosphere. I actually look forward to coming to work!

Cons

Now that the company is leaving "startup territory," many hoops need to be jumped through to get changes made within the company. There are a lot of improvements and areas of opportunity that need to be made with the business model, and our customer experience team, but it very hard to actually get changes made.

The hourly employees are the people interacting with the customer. They know the pain points, and they understand the things that need to be fixed. Don't ignore their opinions, as they are the gateway to your customer experience.

Also, communication about company changes could be communicated more effectively and transparently.

Never take Beer on Fridays away again ;)

There are newer employer reviews for TakeLessons