There are newer employer reviews for TakeLessons

Great Company Culture, Great Talent

Current Employee - Student Counselor  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Student Counselor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very Supportive
Positive Environment
Great Company Culture
Great Views

Cons

Can't think of anything bad

Keep up the fantastic work!!

35 Other Employee Reviews for TakeLessons (View Most Recent)

Its a Job at a good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons part-time for more than a year

Pros

The majority of people at Takelessons are great. They are the biggest reason to work there and stay there. I believe its all derived from the musical background of the company, and the hiring process that involved everyone in rotation. It perpetuated the culture and filled the company with a great group of people who loved their work. Secondly, its a great place to grow (at least with my profession). I've learned a lot while at Takelessons and appreciate the professional development opportunities available.

Cons

Takelessons is going through changes. Everything mentioned in the Pros, appears to be slowly going away. I have hope that things will look up, but I can't paint a portrait any different than I see it. The Pros are decreasing and the Cons are increasing. Another issue is compensation which has been addressed through a more refined review program. Despite that, I feel the salaries are too extreme on both the high and low ends of the spectrum.

Management seriously needs to reevaluate the internals of the company. Takelessons is a great place to learn and grow professionally and most will eventually move onto a job at another company. Some, although, will stay longer because they were promoted. Those people need to stay in order for the company to succeed. Otherwise, all I see is a vicious cycle that will leave the company in a perpetual stall.

Takelessons - A glorified call center

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in San Diego, CA

I worked at TakeLessons full-time for less than a year

Pros

Takelessons is a call center in a great location. Also, they were occasionally flexible with regards to scheduling shifts. Takelessons will also let you take on huge amounts of additional responsibility, pay is a different story, but none the less… A large amount of the people that work at takelessons are nice and it seemed most had college degrees, which was surprising to me for a call center. At the end of the day, takelessons is a company that facilitates music lessons which is cool.

Cons

Takelessons is a music related call center that doesn't even have any music playing in the office! You have to pay for parking and you can barely even fit in your cubicle. It's a glorified call center lacking any legitimate career opportunities, not to mention any monetary upward mobility. Takelessons is open 7 days a week so you have to work weekends and rarely, if ever get a weekend, much less 2 days in a row off.

The cult-like "fun culture" takelessons worked so hard to create is seemingly being replaced with a much more corporate one. My overall experience at takelessons felt more like a high school, rumor mill, roller coaster than a job, and I was considered one of the "cool kids" if not the "coolest". Oh, and I'm not totally sure but I'm pretty sure you have to be good looking to even be considered.

Get more feedback from the call center side; the people in the trenches. Often times a great business idea on paper does not mean it's anything more than just a great idea. Don't try to grow too fast, get overhead down, and really look at overall morale.

There are newer employer reviews for TakeLessons

Worked for TakeLessons? Contribute to the Community!