There are newer employer reviews for TakeLessons

We are all in this together!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful and engaging people. Solid long-term vision. Beautiful office and location. Huge opportunity. Great culture and environment!

Cons

Growing pains. Average pay and benefits (no 401k). Some employees may be in the wrong roles including more tenured employees.

Advice to Management

Talk to your staff more about their thoughts on what will help the business as we move forward. Be careful not to change the focus or goals/objectives too often as it is wasted time and resources. Keep the course and continue to be the awesome people that you are! We want to succeed and grow just like you do!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great place for young professionals looking to learn & grow.

Current Employee - Support Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Support Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The open door policy and no "jerks" rule create an atmosphere of positive reinforcement and creativity all around. A start-up environment is not for the faint of heart, and there are plenty of opportunities to give up when things get hard--but I think the best part of working at TakeLessons is having the creative freedom step up, lead, and present solutions as a team, allowing everyone to push through and succeed together. At TakeLessons, employees are encouraged to ask the big, tough, "why" questions especially when it comes to customer service, our policies, and our business. Everyone is on the same playing field and has the same opportunity to make a big impact if they are willing to work for it. Most of all--TakeLessons is a company made of unique, gifted, funny, inspiring people and at the end of the day, no matter what is thrown at you, you know you still had a good time working & growing with your friends.

Cons

Agreeing to work in a start-up environment means you will work harder with fewer monetary benefits; there are times when things feel unstable, constantly changing, and uncontrolled. That being said, working at TakeLessons provides young professionals (particularly) with the opportunity to wear many hats, get lots of experience doing many different kinds of work, and eventually (hopefully) establish a career path at TL or elsewhere. Sometimes working at TakeLessons feels like a rollercoaster, but we all succeed and fail together--the positive company culture keeps most people grounded and feeling supported at every stage.

Advice to Management

Create a structured communication channel to keep everyone in the company up to speed on the direction of our company (big goals, partnerships, etc.). Meetings don't count. Make it visual, clear, centrally located/constant, and something everyone can engage with and see/feel results of.

2. Great Company Culture, Great Talent

Current Employee - Student Counselor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Student Counselor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Supportive Positive Environment Great Company Culture Great Views

Cons

Can't think of anything bad

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work!!