Talaris
www.talaris.com 500 to 999 Employees

NO REAL STRUCTURE

Field Service Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Talaris full-time for more than 8 years

ProsYou can use the company vehicle for commute to your work area, saves on gas. Most everyones friendly. When coming in this company be demanding at all the times please don't think your hard work will ever get noticed.

ConsPay stinks. Some techs make around 25 or higher an hour and others barely over 15 an hour. Not by experience but simply because of older age and favoritism. The data that is constantly collected and grades us each year doesn't account for different scenarios of everyday events, this system was only created to give unfair reasons for not giving raises. This system would only work if every environment, equipment and operators are exactly same. You the employee however can manipulate this to work for you, you almost have to if you want a raise.

Not only will you probably be started out much, much lower than everyone else but your pay will remain that low for many of years. And you will still be expected to help out other technicians who are paid much much higher but simply don't want to work as hard. Or who need assistance cause they are not knowledgeable in the equipment.

When a co-worker leaves, goes on vacation or goes out of town on a project...Your work load increases dramatically and geographically. You are also expected to meet your numbers the same. Instead of being rewarded of doing another employee's job you will get punished. Your response time and part usage will go down. (also if a guy quits it will take almost a YEAR till the new hire can really be on his own) so more work will come you way if another technician in your area leaves.

Expected to know hundreds of different equipment adding more and more new products to service every year, but no compesation for doing so.

Working at a good pace is hard because you're inside these different businesses usually cramped up in a small spot with no or little room to work. You also have to work with the operators, generally someone who doesn't even know how to turn on a computer, who are usually to busy to help you. So you are going to want to work fast, fix it right, get in and get out. Well you will be punished for working faster and better than others and expected to do more calls a day with no rewards.

You could probably move up and get paid better with a much easier simpler job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying attention to what is really going on. We need tech levels and test at each level. So the knowledgeable technicians can get the compesation they deserve. Don't punish us doing calls quickly some calls may take other technicians hours from what I've seen, and some can do in minutes and its done right! We shouldn't be expected to do more especially when paid lower than the ones who are slower. Less service calls a day, less time repairing and in the customers way should mean more pay.

It has been very insightful to the operation of a mid-size company.

Installation Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Talaris

Pros: Generous starting paid time off - 10 days plus 11… Cons: More time spent determining fault rather than fixing a situation. Advice to Senior Management: Communicate with your employees better. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Be sure of what is important to you in a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Talaris

Pros: continuous training of employees, professional materials, company is well known… Cons: very political in every sense of the word..employees seem paranoid about their job and watching their back, company tends to change… Advice to Senior Management: be more open and observant and willing to address what is going on within the entire organization vs… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Talaris.

Worked for Talaris? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Talaris reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Talaris CEO Tim Robinson. All reviews posted anonymously by Talaris employees.