Talascend

www.talascend.com
  www.talascend.com
There are newer employer reviews for Talascend

Disappointing if you Recruit other than General Labor, Admin, or Light Industrial

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Talascend full-time

Pros

Location of the office is pretty good
Good place for entry-level or new Recruiters to learn the business
Lots of opportunities to fill low-margin positions ($2-$4/hr gross profit)
If you like the "old school" Recruiter office environment, it's perfect

Cons

High volume, low margin business model.
Seem to be over satisfied with sub-vendor buisness rather than developing business with decision makers (engineering)
Too many Salespeople are too timid considering the competitive technical marketplace
Your comissions earned on Contract placements go back to the "house" after one year...you are "cut off" even if your people are still working on Contract

None. I have my opinions (above) but it's not my place to tell Managment how to run their business.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Talascend (View Most Recent)

Tough few years but we've come out on top!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Troy, MI

I have been working at Talascend

Pros

Flexible work schedule-allowed to work from home when children are sick, good hours to still get home to have family time

Salary, commission and bonus-if you're a good recruiter you'll be rewarded here. They also have started a President, Chairman's and CEO's Club where you can qualify fo pretty exotic trips. Examples are the Banyan Tree Resort in Riviera Maya, San Fransisco and Napa California.

Top Management-has taken back the reins for company. They listen and really care about all employees. The Presdident is very in touch with whats going on and you'll hear from him-for better or worse!

Employees-those of use who've made it through the economic downturn really feel close. These people are experts and have many many years of staffing expience behind them.

Cons

Career Growth-very limited for recruiters if you're not interested in sales

Communication between sales and recruiters is always tricky

Intake Meetings-lack of thorough intake meetings from sales leads to disgruntled recruiters and hiring managers.

Technology-They use Bullhorn which has some serious limitations

Training-no chance for further education of training, can do the same job for years and years

Prior Management-very poor, disorganized and lacked ability to implement their grand strategy. I think this has been corrected

Now that we've come out of the downturn in economy, put together a plan to grow your people. Very few opportunities to train, learn new things-job can get stale year after year. Keep bringing in the large projects, great chance to develop your recruiters but think about what comes after that for them in their career.

Extremely poorly managed

I worked at Talascend (more than an year)

Pros

Paycheck came on time every two weeks.

Cons

Managers are liars. No ethics regarding recruiting.

Stop lying about people.