Talbots

www.talbots.com
  www.talbots.com
There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

Talbots is a good company to work for

I have been working at Talbots full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice clothing discounts and customers are great .

Cons

Benefits are costly. Employees pay way too much for a family .

Lead by example. If you don't your staff and co workers will not want to work hard and will not trust you.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Talbots (View Most Recent)

Wonderful, and very beneficial to their employees!!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Support
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Support

I have been working at Talbots part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Relaxed wonderful setting the people you work with aren't bad the women that come in are very nice I've only had about two women in the year I've worked there ever get a temper!!! I think thats a huge plus, at our store we don't tolerate rude behaviour and action is always taken in a bad situation if one ever ocurs which isn't often. Since I've been here in a year I can say we've only had one freak problem with a customer maybe two and thats it. The pay isn't bad based off of what some other companies offer and the percentage we get off of clothing is better than any other company I've worked for!!! They definitley give back to their employees as well as the community. The Company gives aways scholarships each year to women who want to be successful at a later age, etc. The pay is great to start out with verses other companies

Cons

The only thing I can say is sometimes like most places you get small clicks but its nothing to bad like other places where the work place is un workable. The women are very nice but obviously you don't want to get to personal the smallest thing could upset someone or they could confuse what you mean't very easily. I don't see any Cons what so ever other than that, The company is wonderful successful and GREAT TO WORK FOR!!!

I'd suggest maybe just really listening to what the customers want, we have so many loyal customers yet so many are going away because we no longer in THEIR MINDS offer the older Classic Talbots look. I think they should focus on items customers may want other than that I don't see anything that should be fixed I mean we get alot of compliments on our level of customer service especially our store in general and people just enjoy the company theres literally nothing bad to say!!!

I had some fun times working for Talbots.

I worked at Talbots full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best reason is the discount on the clothes and working with some fun people. Some of the customers are really great too, so you meet some interesting people. Being able to work flexible hours is also a great perk.

Cons

Being on your feet all day is tough. Having to work weekends also is not great when you have kids and/or a social life! There is not a lot of profit in retail so they try to minimize costs everywhere - including what they pay.

Find other ways of recognizing good performance other than small gifts of food.

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots