Talbots

www.talbots.com

Cutting costs by asking employees to do janitorial work

ProsYoung managers, fun, patient with instruction and dedicated, happy in their roles. The dayforce software is fairly good at allowing you to see your schedule and set availability.

ConsEmployees are asked to vacuum dressing rooms, dust, take out garbage. The eating area is tiny and unclean, dirty rug and a huge trash can near where you eat. There is rigorous oversight of clocking in /out. You can only clock in 3 minutes before your shift. Our hours are frequently cut.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet sales associates work with customers and ring up the customer to close the sale and build relationships. There's no incentive to work harder if you sell merchandise and then can't get credit for the sale.

A good retail environment

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Southlake, TX

I worked at Talbots part-time for more than a year

Pros: - decent discount if you are interested in the clothing -… Cons: - no commission, but they still make sales into a competition - if you are young, it is more difficult to sell because client… Advice to Senior Management: Introduce fun new styles and keep up with trends while keeping some other things (such as dress pants) standard. They were attempting to do this… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good job, bad management

Shipper/Receiver/Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Talbots full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good hours with really good pay and great co-workers. Cons: Management were clueless on most aspects of everyday processes. Advice to Senior Management: Learn to treat your workers better and learn how to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Talbots.

Worked for Talbots? Contribute to the Community!