Talbots

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

Amazing People to Work with

Current Employee - Enterprise Service Desk Technician in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Enterprise Service Desk Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Talbots full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My manager at Talbots was by far the best manager I have ever had!
I worked with an amazing team
Great Benefits
Easy work atmosphere

Cons

Talbots is in the middle of big changes, they were recently bought by Sycamore and could be sold again soon, once the company has been built back up.
My shift was a 12 hours shift, although most are not.
I work 3 days one week and 4 days the next, then repeat. This is great if you are single or have older children, but can be hard if you have a young family

Obviously there is always room for improvement, but over all I am very happy with my direct Management. They do need to work on hiring more people, because the work load for some (not me) is getting to be to heavy after all of the layoffs.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Talbots (View Most Recent)

It's true...they empower women. Loved my time there."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Champaign, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Champaign, IL

I worked at Talbots full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a slow paced environment most days but the average dollar sale is much higher at this retailer

Cons

It was difficult to break into total store management so I left for another retailer and immediately made $10,000 more in my salary and I've been extremely happy.

I wish I had been considered for the position because I would still be there today. The hours were great at our location and I loved the clientele. I was sad to hear that 2 years after my departure they ended up closing 2 of the 3 doors and went to the original 3,000 sq feet. That place was a beast at it's peak!

I Am Finally Happy and I feel that I can Honestly and Openly express to others that "I AM PROUD TO BE EMPLOYED HERE."

Current Employee - Sales Support in Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Natick, MA

I have been working at Talbots part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like the Co worker's, Management Team, Very Serious about their positions and Professional.

Cons

I wish that Our Hours didn't have to rely on our Monthly, Weekly, Daily and last year sales goals for Employment and I wish we, Could have 40 hrs per week. For those who Want or Need Full Time Employment as well as Part Time.

Could Offer us, Employee's ,Monthly training classes for the Position that we, employee's Hold. I love the challenges and Learning More and More to make us Successful for our future and the Company itself.

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots