Talbots

www.talbots.com
There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

Talbots was a pleasant place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Concord, NH
Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Concord, NH

I worked at Talbots part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I had several friends who worked there

Cons

I wish I were paid more.

Promote from within the company.

341 Other Employee Reviews for Talbots (View Most Recent)

Ok if not Good place to work, especially while in school

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX

I worked at Talbots part-time (more than a year)

Pros

HIGH PAY with no commission, very flexible with schedules, cool managers

Cons

No sales training before you're put on the floor, unrealistic credit card goals, horrible scripting

Management did as good of a job they could with what they had and what was expected of them

Lack of appreciation and reward for hard work and enthusiasm

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Talbots full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice, loyal clientele. Very good work hours for a retail position. There were several very professional part-time employees.

Cons

HR concerns were ignored or brushed under the rug by store and district manager. No raises for sales associates or management. Promises made by store manager and district manager that were not fulfilled. Lack of appreciation for hard work and education. Poor communication within management. Management not concerned about associate well-being and happiness, only with the bottom line. Store manager received bonuses based on SPH, so she would cut hours to the bare bones, working her assistant and co-manager with no other sales support at the end of each month because they had the highest sales. Personally, I remained physically and emotionally exhausted for the duration of my employment. Taking a legitimate sick day was very difficult to do, and there were at least 2 times I should not have come to work but did because my salaried manager was not willing to step in and help. However, she was the first to leave early on slow days. Bad behavior within management ranks was common, especially inappropriate comments and treatment of associates. These issues were never addressed and the response was always "don't cause more of a problem by bringing this to senior management".

Reward associates and assistant/co managers for consistent hard work and base promotions on merit. Employees should not leave work feeling stressed and underappreciated. Promote from within and reward consistently high productivity with raises and/or incentives.

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots