There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

Great People!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

I have been working at Talbots full-time

Pros

I work with a great group of people! Everyone is passionate about their work and works hard to better our internal department, our stores, and our company. My department really functions as a team; each member is more than willing to help out even when it falls outside the job description. I've never worked at a company where people care so much about the work they do and creating a better environment for our store associates and customers.

Cons

There hasn't been too much focus on career development or advancement. I get the feeling that this is changing, which is encouraging. I am eager to see how the approach changes for corporate employees.

Advice to Management

We often focus on rewarding great performing associates in our stores (as we should) but lets not forget that our corporate employees work equally as hard and also deserve recognition and incentives.

reviews filtered by

Great place to learn and Grow

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Talbots full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Positive open enviroment to build working relationships. Development happens at your pace and communication is clear and concise. Upper management is involved and open to hear what is working in the field to build a better team. The Company is involved in creating a fun and motivating work enviroment with fun contests to Win Fantastic prizes!!

Cons

You want to buy everything!! So be prepared to spend your pay checks on some amazing clothes!!!

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within when possible it creates a Happy Field enviroment!!

2. overall, a good experience. wonderful management and sales teams, and proud to work for a well-established company.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Talbots part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

most general management is very pleasant, approachable, patient and sets a great sales example. the product has a positive reputation and is well known. associates do not work on commission so sales are not pushy. great teamwork in most environments.

Cons

the product is constantly changing and is not as reputable as in the past. communication between upper and lower levels of sales teams seems to die out; not all information is shared. it is very difficult to earn a pay raise even after several loyal years with the company.

Advice to Management

communication is key in a sales setting and teams benefit from more communication. more employee merit would be very beneficial to keeping quality associates with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots