Great People!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hingham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

I have been working at Talbots full-time

Pros

I work with a great group of people! Everyone is passionate about their work and works hard to better our internal department, our stores, and our company. My department really functions as a team; each member is more than willing to help out even when it falls outside the job description. I've never worked at a company where people care so much about the work they do and creating a better environment for our store associates and customers.

Cons

There hasn't been too much focus on career development or advancement. I get the feeling that this is changing, which is encouraging. I am eager to see how the approach changes for corporate employees.

We often focus on rewarding great performing associates in our stores (as we should) but lets not forget that our corporate employees work equally as hard and also deserve recognition and incentives.

Other Reviews for Talbots

Ok if not Good place to work, especially while in school

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX

I worked at Talbots part-time for more than a year

Pros

HIGH PAY with no commission, very flexible with schedules, cool managers

Cons

No sales training before you're put on the floor, unrealistic credit card goals, horrible scripting

Management did as good of a job they could with what they had and what was expected of them

Great environment and on the right path to success!

I have been working at Talbots full-time

Pros

Positive co-workers, vision of Senior Leadership, communication to company as a whole from Senior Leadership, awesome benefit package, flexible management, family friendly.

Cons

Small focus on career path development for associates and providing the training to get them to the next level in their current position while preparing them for growth within the company.

Continue on the path we are traveling to get back to the Talbots our loyal customers have loved since 1942 - continue the consistent and regular communication - Senior Leadership communicate the plan for re-implementing merit increases and increasing pay to current market value.

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots.

Worked for Talbots? Contribute to the Community!