Talbots

www.talbots.com

Helpful and Supportive Enviornment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hingham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

Pros

The overall culture of the company is very friendly and supportive. Everyone from senior management to assistants are always willing to take the extra time to help you or to explain something to you. The company really prides itself on its rich heritage, and it is meaningful to be a part of such a strong and iconic brand.

Cons

Trying to change the perception that only your grandmother shops there!

Other reviews for Talbots

I love our store management - they are caring, concerned with our personal lives and help us to achieve our best

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Store management is great. Discounts are exceptional. It's great to sell a quality product. The customer base is loyal and repeating.

Cons

No chance for advancement, they will not let you work more than 25 hours/week, no pay raises in last few years, no opportunity for store input into product mix, no good restocking program to keep needed basic product in stores.

Restock the basic items through selling season - we run out of many pant sizes and lose sales. Our store can sell more of the high end items - let us have them even though our size (or whatever) says we don't qualify for certain products. Please reduce the number of sales - our customers get frustrated when they buy something and the next week it is on promotion. I know that you need to do something but not all the time. Get the markdown junk out of the stores faster - at least our store. Our customers want new, full price items - not the same old sale stuff for 3 months.

Store used to run smoothly and now has no direction.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Tilton, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tilton, NH

Pros

Co workers are great and we share fashion ideas with each other and play off each other's strengths.

Cons

Brought in inexperienced manager 6 months ago and DM NOW says she will start training her. We were told by same DM that the company DOES NOT "Train to the job".Thank God the customers can't see our back room and forgive our often empty walls. Do a lot of send sales for things lost in back room

Do a better job hiring. Promote good people from within. They understand their own customers better than an outsider.

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots.

Worked for Talbots? Contribute to the Community!