Talbots

www.talbots.com
  www.talbots.com
There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

Started out very good, than went bad after years

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

I worked at Talbots full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Nothing now, Talbots is not the same company anymore.

Cons

Talbots money problems just make the it to stressfull. They had to let go of to many people, but the job still had to be done, So now one person is doing the work of 5 to 6 people. Just to much work for one people to do

327 Other Employee Reviews for Talbots (View Most Recent)

Treatment of Management Staff

Former Employee - P/T Assistant Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - P/T Assistant Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Talbots full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Because I had a good manager, daily in-house treatment was excellent.

Cons

Poor consistency in operations. Always changing something. Gives the impression of "the tail wagging the dog." : always a new procedure, as though home office staff has nothing else to do but think up other procedures. Improvement has been realized with levels of stock, however, size runs are askew - very poor. Can't sell all of one size when other sizes not balanced. Can't replenish items which sell well. Automatically replenished with items or sizes or styles which don't sell. Pay attention to sales!!! Replenish what sells - not what doesn't - and please please balance the sizes when shipping!!!! (and ship on time - not when time to mark down!) When personnel is transferred - there is no advance notice or consultation with the employee who has positive performance. Communication is key. Communication is lacking.

see above

When I started it was a real team. New store manager and district manager brought in their previous co-workers, downhill

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Talbots part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice co workers in our store

Cons

Very high turnover, unrealistic demands, want new results, i.e. Promote credit cards when they refuse to do any new marketing. In a saturated field you need new customers for different results but company won't try new advertising locally. District manager clueless and no information is shared with associates. Absolutely NO incentive to try harder because no style dollars or for that matter any incentive to strive for is given. District manager has hired people who have NO clue what the talbots customer likes, wants, etc. we have gone thru managers like tissues in a box. You are scheduled to work a shift and often get sent home much earlier which is not fair if you have counted on that income. I can see an occasional early ending but week after week???? I love the clothes and the customers. My coworkers are fun and that is what keeps me there. I hope they STOP all these changes, settle in and then see what does and doesn't work before changing things willy nilly.

Listen to your associates and be their cheerleader. Try some promotions from within and some simple thanks.

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots