Talbots

www.talbots.com
There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

Terrible management

I have been working at Talbots part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Days were flexible but most of the time sent home early because of slow business.

Cons

Management is incompetent. They expect way too much from their employees and management doesn't do half the work the employees do. Assistant Manager has no respect for the sales associates and has no problem expressing it.

Hire mature competent managers.

341 Other Employee Reviews for Talbots (View Most Recent)

Talbots was a good company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

I worked at Talbots full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I gained allot of experience there. Benefits were good. The people I worked with became almost like a family.

Cons

Talbots struggled under bad management. Many of us saw the flaws in the system but no exes wanted to here it or would take advice on how to fix it. I gave 150% worked late, got no extra compensation. I did it to show my willingness to help the company succeed. I was thanked by being laid off

I have become cold towards Talbots, yes it a business I get it, but other business I hear, really go find inventive ways to keep employees. Not Talbots they could care less.

Treatment of Management Staff

Former Employee - P/T Assistant Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - P/T Assistant Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Talbots full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Because I had a good manager, daily in-house treatment was excellent.

Cons

Poor consistency in operations. Always changing something. Gives the impression of "the tail wagging the dog." : always a new procedure, as though home office staff has nothing else to do but think up other procedures. Improvement has been realized with levels of stock, however, size runs are askew - very poor. Can't sell all of one size when other sizes not balanced. Can't replenish items which sell well. Automatically replenished with items or sizes or styles which don't sell. Pay attention to sales!!! Replenish what sells - not what doesn't - and please please balance the sizes when shipping!!!! (and ship on time - not when time to mark down!) When personnel is transferred - there is no advance notice or consultation with the employee who has positive performance. Communication is key. Communication is lacking.

see above