There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

Assistant Store Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Talbots full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The discount is very generous and can be used in both the factory outlet division and the retail stores.

Cons

Talbots leaders state associates are the most important asset however, invest absolutely nothing time or money in developing associates.

The company was not doing well for many years, due to mismanagement at the senior level. However, it appears those on the senior level continue to well and those actually working in the trenches (at the store locations) have gone without raises for 2 years. It also appears on the division level RVP does not think highly of those working in the store locations. Compensation is poor, remember you get what you pay for.

299 Other Employee Reviews for Talbots (View Most Recent)

It has been mostly good; great manager, nice sales associates, nice store and merchandise.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Talbots part-time for less than a year

Pros

Quality clothing, good employee discount, nice environment; good life balance.

Cons

The clothing is treated with something (pesticides/and or formaldehyde?) that makes us all sick when we open the boxes...we have to leave them open to "off gas" for awhile. There doesn't seem to be any hope that pay might be increased over time, there seems to be little connection between sales associates and the corporate headquarters...we would love to give feedback once in awhile. No system for tracking merchandise; we get too much of some things, not enough of others.

Open up an online "suggestion box" for associates...we are on the front lines and see what works and what doesn't; what sells and what doesn't etc. GET A SYSTEM FOR TRACKING MERCHANDISE SO YOU KNOW WHAT IS AND IS NOT IN STOCK IN EACH STORE...we may get 100 white long sleeve tee's and yet run out of popular merchandise we only got two of in any size. (Very inconsistent.) Give raises to good employees and reward associates...not just managers.

Great quality classic clothes.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Talbots full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice pay.Good benefits.Nice environment to work in.

Cons

Wish they were more open with their employees.

Be open and honest.

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

Worked for Talbots? Contribute to the Community!