There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

Good learning experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Talbots part-time

Pros

Great culture, customer service is very important (which is empowering to employees), company stands behind their product and coworkers were wonderful.

This was a side job while I was in school so it was perfectly fine for the type of job I was looking for.

Cons

Store manager didn't really do anything, assistant managers did the work while she took the credit (especially when the DM was in town).

Doesn't seem to have a real system for employees who want to advance.

When DM visits stores have them take time to talk to the employees one on one so we can answer honestly about whats going on in the store.

Employees are the backbone of stores, if they feel empowered they will work that much harder.

309 Other Employee Reviews for Talbots (View Most Recent)

Doing what's right for the customers & employees

Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Talbots full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company has great leadership from the CEO down the ranks. Great values as a company that takes great care of the employee as well as the customer.

Cons

Get an awesome discount...spend a great deal on clothes! I love fashion so there's really no cons!

I think we're on the right track as a brand, Management is always seeking feedback from the field which will only make our brand the brand of choice!

Senior leadership

Current Employee - Store Management
    Current Employee - Store Management

I have been working at Talbots full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

New leadership is making a difference in overall store results. They are communicating performance and insight to reason behind actions.

Cons

Old district managers that know no other type if business other than Talbots. They are good at saying one thing and doing the opposite when not being watched. They only know fear based managing and are unable to coach to encourage others to succeed.

Watch what DM's emails say to groups. De-motivating staff members!

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots