There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

Good learning experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Talbots part-time

Pros

Great culture, customer service is very important (which is empowering to employees), company stands behind their product and coworkers were wonderful.

This was a side job while I was in school so it was perfectly fine for the type of job I was looking for.

Cons

Store manager didn't really do anything, assistant managers did the work while she took the credit (especially when the DM was in town).

Doesn't seem to have a real system for employees who want to advance.

When DM visits stores have them take time to talk to the employees one on one so we can answer honestly about whats going on in the store.

Employees are the backbone of stores, if they feel empowered they will work that much harder.

299 Other Employee Reviews for Talbots (View Most Recent)

Doing what's right for the customers & employees

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Talbots full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company has great leadership from the CEO down the ranks. Great values as a company that takes great care of the employee as well as the customer.

Cons

Get an awesome discount...spend a great deal on clothes! I love fashion so there's really no cons!

I think we're on the right track as a brand, Management is always seeking feedback from the field which will only make our brand the brand of choice!

Employees either stay for 1-2 years or 20-30 years

Current Employee - Database Marketing Specialist  in  Hingham, MA
    Current Employee - Database Marketing Specialist in Hingham, MA

I have been working at Talbots full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work is steady and manageable, and managers support flexibility in hours distribution. It is easy to get a half day for last minute appointments, which can be a blessing.

Cons

Not much room for growth within departments. Talbots has been closing many stores and letting many employees go at corporate. It is not unheard of for emails to go through one day and bounce back the next because someone has been cut without warning. Territorial management does not promote a team atmosphere, and job insecurity promotes a tendency towards micromanagement.

Allowing employees to rely on each other and trust good workers to do good work.

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

Worked for Talbots? Contribute to the Community!