Talbots sales associate.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Talbots

Pros

Awesome place to work. Very professional atmosphere. Loved the clients and the managers. If you want to learn how to be a professional sales person then Talbots is the place. Great training.

Cons

As with any retail job you have to be available nights and weekends on a regular basis. No benefits for associates.

Talbots is doing a great job. Keep offering the prizes and incentives to your sales force after all they are the front line to your business.

Other Reviews for Talbots

They Need to Get Their Act Together

I have been working at Talbots

Pros

The store level employees are wonderful and valuable asset to the company.

Cons

No acknowledgement from upper management regarding performance and a job well done. No training whatsover and failure to promote from within. Poor communication throughout company. No support for store level management.

Do not allow stores to go without an official store manager for months and months. When you have an assistant who is running the store professionally, profitably, and efficiently...promotions should be made from within the store and at the very least, an interview granted. Allowing an assistant to run the store without any additional help, support or pay in entirely unacceptable. Know the qualifications and experience of current management in place. Brining in a different store manager from another location is a complete slap in the face to the current management team. Also, the lack of Distric Managers and Regional managers is very disappointing.

If you want to be empowered this is the place to be!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Talbots full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

An amazing new leadership team from the very tippy top that empowers and supports you to grow in your career and as an individual. If you want to make a difference and serve your customers and your community this is the place you want to work!

Cons

Those of us that have stayed with the company woild like yearly merit increases to be reinstated as soon as we are in the position to do so, which I totally believe is on its way with our new leadership team!

So happy with the changes made within the company. I believe in the vision! First time I am proud and honored to be a part of an amazing organization!

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots.

Worked for Talbots? Contribute to the Community!