There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

paycheck to pay.check job

Former Employee - Computer Operator in Hingham, MA
Former Employee - Computer Operator in Hingham, MA

I worked at Talbots full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You have the oportunity to learn if you have the initiative and drive.

Cons

tend to get repetative tasks when you are known to be good at what you do. do to recent layoffs and financial woes moving up the ladder is not the easiest thing to achieve.

Listen carefully to your staff for ideas that can increase throughput and create more ROI.

311 Other Employee Reviews for Talbots (View Most Recent)

Great customers and co-workers. Unrealistic goals set by co and mgr for daily sales and cc applications.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Talbots part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good discounts on clothing. fun coworkers and some of the managers are super nice. Reset nights are fun with all the cure there.

Cons

Schedules can change at a moments notice and the mgr is not good at working with a school schedule or exam schedule. They pay low as well.

You will have happier employees and lower turnover if you don't push so hard and you work with student schedules. School is more important than a low paying retail job.

Talbots cares about their employees

I have been working at Talbots full-time

Pros

The company/ upper managerment honestly listens to the feeback from their stores. They often promote from the inside and I have always felt appreciated as an employee. In addition, they have provided associates with bonuses this year. Talbots also cares so much about their customers and we work diligently from a store and corporate level to always do what is right for the customer. I have seen this company improve greatly within the past year. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the next year as well! The discount is phenomenal, too!

Cons

There needs to be a better system to anonymously report HR issues.

Keep doing what you have been doing. I feel valued as an employee with Talbots & I feel adequately compensated for my work. Thanks for listening to your employees. I look forward to a long career with this brand.

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots