There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

If you want to be empowered this is the place to be!

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Talbots full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

An amazing new leadership team from the very tippy top that empowers and supports you to grow in your career and as an individual. If you want to make a difference and serve your customers and your community this is the place you want to work!

Cons

Those of us that have stayed with the company woild like yearly merit increases to be reinstated as soon as we are in the position to do so, which I totally believe is on its way with our new leadership team!

Advice to Management

So happy with the changes made within the company. I believe in the vision! First time I am proud and honored to be a part of an amazing organization!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Talbots full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Oppotunities and growth with the company. Great benefits, MOST GENERAL MANAGERS are amazing, the sales associates, DM, and REGIONAL DIRECTOR were all amazing

Cons

Alot of sales associates were stressed about sales goals, which could lead to panic, but if you can sell, you will do fine!!! While i was there i had many mentors that were amazing, and some supervisors along the way that were great at first put then tanked. Bottom line, if your GM is in for the long haul and there to coach and assist, the work environment couldnt be better!! Like i said, rarely, that is an issue, this company has great leaders!!!

Advice to Management

As long as you show up and stay out of the office and spend time in the building you will retain respect from the staff

2. Talbots is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Talbots part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management at my store in Phipps Plaza is spectacular! They really care about their employees. Many of the Talbots customers have been shopping with Talbots for years or even decades which makes it really easy and fun to help customers find what they are looking for. Everyone is always in a good mood. The workload is much lighter and more laid back than other retail stores i have worked at & there is room for advancement if you show interest. Not to mention the discount is amazing and the clothes are super cute which makes it easy to be passionate about the company. We also get paid every Friday which is great!

Cons

You will run across your occasional stuck-up, rude customer but that is expected in all jobs. They really push to sell the credit cards and at times it can get overbearing and unenjoyable. Some customers will complain to you about the quality of the clothing. Customers will often times try to get price adjustments and discounts that are unreasonable, but that is manly the managements duty. If you don't like bagging up the trash, vacumming every opening & closing shift & swiffering the floors regularly then this is not the job for you, but generally these tasks take very little time to complete.