Talbots

www.talbots.com
  www.talbots.com
There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

Amazing and friendly place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wyomissing, PA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wyomissing, PA

I have been working at Talbots as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company is an amazing one to work for. They offer scholarships to woman pursuing education, are flexible with schedules and the management at the WYO store is amazing.

Cons

Corporate needs to listen more to employees and they need to reevaluate what is sent to store and what is catalog only.

Offer more full-time employment options with better pay.

319 Other Employee Reviews for Talbots (View Most Recent)

Overall good

Former Employee - Co-Manager
    Former Employee - Co-Manager

I worked at Talbots full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Associates are achieving a generous discount. Salaries are also higher compared to some other retailers. I found that the company are making an effort to create a balance between work and family for their employers. The company has a big focus on creating close connections with customers. You are expected to reach out to your customers/clients on a regularly basis to invite them in to the store, and set up personal shopping appointments. This close interaction was positive for me. If you are not into creating these kind of connections, chose another retailer!

Cons

All the changes in the company the last couple of years. Hopefully things has finally got settled.

Listen more actively to your store management teams. They are the most aware of customers reactions and comments. I know that the higher management are trying to listen, but more could be done!

If you want to be empowered this is the place to be!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Talbots full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

An amazing new leadership team from the very tippy top that empowers and supports you to grow in your career and as an individual. If you want to make a difference and serve your customers and your community this is the place you want to work!

Cons

Those of us that have stayed with the company woild like yearly merit increases to be reinstated as soon as we are in the position to do so, which I totally believe is on its way with our new leadership team!

So happy with the changes made within the company. I believe in the vision! First time I am proud and honored to be a part of an amazing organization!

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots