Talecris

www.talecris.com

A long haul to go public, then comes the sellout.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bloomington, IL

ProsHealth insurance
Comfortable yet busy work place
Staff are mostly awesome
Sundays always off

ConsUncertainty due to recent firings
Buyout by Grifols makes long time staff less valuable
Management lacks independence from corporate that it once had

Advice to Senior ManagementStand up for you staff. You know their character, now keep yours by fighting for the good ones.

Treat the donors better. They are the lifeblood of your business, literally, so a gatorade or a speedpass will mean nothing when your numbers drop too low for Grifols to maintain you.

Don't badmouth hourly staff to other hourly staff--every word you say gets back to them. If a person is willing to sit and listen to badmouthing, they are willing to share it with everyone else, and that becomes part of your character to the whole staff.

Remember that "Go read the SOP" is only a fair answer if it's followed with "and I'll do your job for you while you read the SOP" because the staff with good work ethic will simply go ask someone else instead of making donors wait.

Somewhat unpleasant in certain situtations

Donor Processor (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

I worked at Talecris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Benefits, quarterly bonuses,hours of operation, have the ability to do… Cons: Not having connections with the management staff to move up… Advice to Senior Management: Change, change, change, starts with yourself, then only you will… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

stressfree, sometimes boring, friendly atmosphere, not very organized company.

Engineer (Current Employee) Clayton, NC

I have been working at Talecris

Pros: Friendly atmosphere excellent work life balance people eager to share knowlege. lateral movements… Cons: too much bureaucracy' alot of inefficiency due too much paperwork much older demographic Management not that great. too… Advice to Senior Management: Streamline paperwork. reduce bureaucracy have better long term vision invest more in… More
There are newer reviews on Talecris.

Worked for Talecris? Contribute to the Community!